cell music to reciever-

i noticed a bunch of newbies here coming at me with only half of my comment being copied and pasted.

thinking some need to be schooled on how to be nice, and read entire posts not just half.

:idea:, so with that logic the people that only answered the wireless part of your question should be getting equal ribbing. :dunno:

Like I said hope it works for you!!

:music::music:

i noticed a bunch of newbies here coming at me with only half of my comment being copied and pasted.

thinking some need to be schooled on how to be nice, and read entire posts not just half.

I often do that to indicate I am only responding to a particular part of a post. I do that for clarity.
It does NOT mean I didn't read the entire post. That's assuming a lot.

I think you're being a bit harsh on people who have only tried to be helpful and informative, not just to you, but to others interested in the topic who may wish to consider options like longer cables, Chromecasts, or alternatives to Bluetooth. You've got your solution and that's great, but your question has inspired discussion about other options, which is also great.

im sure theres a better way to listen to music from my cell phone through my stereo.

as of right now im using a rca patch cord into a stereo jack into my phone. i have no issues with sound at all, the only issue i have? is with rca patch cords their 3' long, which means i can't sit/ lay back an relax on my couch. i'm sitting 2' away from cell.

my only option i think would be to find a way to add length to patch cord about 20' so i can sit on couch. OR would there be another option? its been remedied im going bluetooth with harmon kardon.
issue has been resolved.

Bluetooth receiver.. Logitech is the low end, and they go up from there. SQ on the Logitech is on par with the head phone jack >RCA.

Some folks say they are not that good... than the question is asked... do you have one or have you ever used one... "No".

I have and enjoy it, daily. Its streaming from your phone, the quality will only be as good as it can be. Tinker with the EQ on your phone and amp to get the most out of it. There are a few of us over in the music thread who are on every evening and if you join in you will see many of us using BT adaptors.

They can be had for under $50 bucks. Just remember, its from your phone, your not listening to HiRez audio. For phone use as you are asking about. The Logitech will work for you, and work well.

Good luck on it!

Kind Regards,
John

Just keep in mind you were a newbie at one time too. :) I do agree with you, some folks like to latch on one aspect of a conversation and run with it... It kills me.

well said @jami w.

Kind Regards,

I would imagine most of the Androids from the last couple years would play flac. I am not sure on Apple.

I have been using a new Yamaha receiver for streaming from webradio channels and also flacs from a local network share. I control this with an app on my phone (over wifi or bluetooth). Works pretty slick and sounds good with the Ohm Walsh 4s. I can also play what is on my phone.

Last edited:
I would imagine most of the Androids from the last couple years would play flac. I am not sure on Apple.

I have been using a new Yamaha receiver for streaming from webradio channels and also flacs from a local network share. I control this with an app on my phone (over wifi or bluetooth). Works pretty slick and sounds good with the Ohm Walsh 4s. I can also play what is on my phone.

I use my iPhone to stream from my music server, where my music is stored as FLAC. At home I can either directly stream from my phone via WiFi or I can use my iPhone to control my music server, which streams via WiFi to various WiFi enabled devices (Pioneer receiver, Chrome Cast, Apple Express).

I don't think the reply was rude, just informative.

We don't know what we don't know.

Trying a lossless chain may be like going from hamburger to a prime ribeye steak!

Jeez guys. Days after laurel this? You didn't learn anything? :)

Its like going from a prime rib to a prime rib with a tiiiny bit more smoke.

If your thing is the last bit of audio eq, hey go for it. Aptx is fine for casual and background listening

Bluetooth receiver.. Logitech is the low end, and they go up from there. SQ on the Logitech is on par with the head phone jack >RCA.

Some folks say they are not that good... than the question is asked... do you have one or have you ever used one... "No".

I have and enjoy it, daily. Its streaming from your phone, the quality will only be as good as it can be. Tinker with the EQ on your phone and amp to get the most out of it. There are a few of us over in the music thread who are on every evening and if you join in you will see many of us using BT adaptors.

They can be had for under $50 bucks. Just remember, its from your phone, your not listening to HiRez audio. For phone use as you are asking about. The Logitech will work for you, and work well.

Good luck on it!

Kind Regards,
John
exactly an i agree 100% with you, its music from a phone. i ordered the logitech blue tooth, be here monday. the hk wouldn't be here till next fri.
just plain and simple is good :)

exactly an i agree 100% with you, its music from a phone. i ordered the logitech blue tooth, be here monday. the hk wouldn't be here till next fri.
just plain and simple is good :)

Do let me know what you think, you may need to adjust the EQ in your app or on your amp, but with a few adjustments they do quite well.

IMG_4459.PNG

It's a good BT receiver, has a good range too. You really won't find a better deal. I've used the SMSL one as well. I dot notice a difference.

Back
Top Bottom