ELAC Miracord TT -share all about 'em

Thanks for the reply mtnbeachbum. I'm not sure that's what it is. Here is a pic I stole off the net if what I'm talking about. I can't figure out exactly what it is. Anyone else have any ideas?
2278685752_842957a019_z.jpg

Wow, thanks MtnBeachBum. The PDF’s are great. I stumbled onto this thread since im searching for the nameplate for my 40. My wife found it at an estate sale for free. I couldnt grab it fast enough. It sat on my bench for a week till i worked in it. It runs great, consistent speed. Took awhile to degunk the moving parts but its fully functioning now. Mine had a cartridge and i swaped it with a shure i hand. The only thing missing is the nameplate. Anyone know if the 40 arm is switchable with a 45 base?
Its parked for awhile for a complete cleaning till i finish my crossover rebuild.
61C68F1B-3772-4193-B71F-ECAE8E13C333.jpeg

Wow, thanks MtnBeachBum. The PDF’s are great. I stumbled onto this thread since im searching for the nameplate for my 40. My wife found it at an estate sale for free. I couldnt grab it fast enough. It sat on my bench for a week till i worked in it. It runs great, consistent speed. Took awhile to degunk the moving parts but its fully functioning now. Mine had a cartridge and i swaped it with a shure i hand. The only thing missing is the nameplate. Anyone know if the 40 arm is switchable with a 45 base?
Its parked for awhile for a complete cleaning till i finish my crossover rebuild.
View attachment 1206087
I am glad they were helpful.

Though I own a 50h, the 10 (from these pics posted) is really growing on me! The simplicity is beautiful.

Well I have been an itinerant dweller for the better part of a year. I finally sat down in my new apartment after having hooked up all my equipment. I listened to Joe Jackson first on my Dual 701. Not too bad at all, or so I thought. Clicked to second turntable on the Sansui 2000x and fired up John Anderson on the 50H. Big ol crap eating grin ensues. I guess all the research and hard work paid off! Even my wife said that the Elac sounded amazing.
I am going to do a proper comparison in the near future, if the 701 gets smoked I will be Craigslisting the Dual and look for a Sansui 838 et al. It could just be the difference between direct drive and idler drive but the 50H fills the room with beautiful music. Now, if I could just find some ADS L series speakers.....

Well I have been an itinerant dweller for the better part of a year. I finally sat down in my new apartment after having hooked up all my equipment. I listened to Joe Jackson first on my Dual 701. Not too bad at all, or so I thought. Clicked to second turntable on the Sansui 2000x and fired up John Anderson on the 50H. Big ol crap eating grin ensues. I guess all the research and hard work paid off! Even my wife said that the Elac sounded amazing.
I am going to do a proper comparison in the near future, if the 701 gets smoked I will be Craigslisting the Dual and look for a Sansui 838 et al. It could just be the difference between direct drive and idler drive but the 50H fills the room with beautiful music. Now, if I could just find some ADS L series speakers.....

What cartridge/stylus combo are you running on your 50H?

On the Dual 701?

What cartridges ARE you guys running on your Elacs? I've been using an Ortofon FF15XE MKII tracking at 2 grams on my 50H and have been very, very happy with it.
Plus I love that the OEM styli are still available!

Last edited:
What cartridge/stylus combo are you running on your 50H?

On the Dual 701?
On 50H i have Shure V15 Type II with VN15E LP Gear Replacement stylus. It only has about 5 albums worth of play on it.
On Elac 50H i have Shure V15 LM Type III with a turntable needles aftermarket stylus that has been used regularly for about a year

Back
Top Bottom