Emotiva XPA-1 And Polk SDA SRS System Value

danrclem

What would be a good deal on a system like this. I'm not talking about flipping value but buying to use. Everything is supposed to be in excellent to mint condition. Some of this is on Ebay but Ebay doesn't always equate to real world values. How much better would this sound than my Sansui 9090db and Klipsch Chorus I speakers? My room is about 19' X 15'. Is that too small for these big Polks?

Emotiva XPA -1 Gen 2 A/AB Monoblock Amplifiers
Emotiva RSP-1 Emotiva Preamplifier w/ remote
Emotiva ERC - 1 CD w/ remote
Emotiva XLR Balanced interconnect cables (5 meter) on all above audio
Emotiva CMX - 6 AC line filter
Polk SDA SRS speakers w/ interconnect.
Pair Rogue Audio 15ft. 9 gauge Bi-wire cables
Bang & Olufson Beogram RX Turntable w/ MMC 5 Cartridge
Beyerdynamic T-70 Headphones
Woo Audio Headphone stand

That would be a sonic upgrade of titanic proportions over your 9090db-Chorus 1 rig. Your 15' x 19' room is not too small for the Polks either as long you have them set up correctly. That's about the dimensions of the room my 1.2tl's are in and I have no complaints. You didn't mention if the interconnect is the A1 interface or dreadnaught which is necessary for monoblocks.
I can't help you on pricing but buying all that gear in one shot I'm thinking you should expect a significant discount. Perhaps research the individual pricing on the bay and take it from there. I'm betting the seller would be more than happy to negotiate to a very friendly price as there can't be that many buyers willing to take that amount of gear in one shot. Good luck to you

Thanks motostereo. He says that it can be heard so I guess he has the right cables for it. I'm sure these would have to be the speaker cables by them being 9 gauge "Pair Rogue Audio 15ft. 9 gauge Bi-wire cables."

I'm not sure if I'm ready to take on this much at one time but it does look like it is a good system. I looked on Ebay but there aren't really a lot of sold pieces to really determine a well defined price. There are a lot of crazy people on Ebay buying inflated priced items.

If anybody else has any idea of the value of this system your input would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info gladiator. I couldn't find prices on everything but somewhat guessing on some of the items he's probably asking higher than low ebay pricing so I think I'm going to pass. I'd make an offer but it says not to waste your time with lowball offers so I'm guessing that he won't budge very much. I was mainly interested in the preamp, amps, speakers and interconnects so if I bought them separate it would still be quite a bit cheaper than his bundle.

It is a very nice outfit and has all of the boxes for the Emotiva.

I've been wanting to do that and probably will. I don't expect much give on his part but I'll never know unless I try it.

Back
Top Bottom