Another opinion wanted on an old german amp..

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
I am getting into a kick with some inexpensive small german amps...I already have a Telefunken S81, Grundig NF-10...and I am looking into one of the these....To run my Coral Flats..

HS1_000.jpg

Heli%20HS-1-8.jpg

Heli%20HS-1-4.jpg

looked up coral flats and found shoes so cant comment on that part .
looks like it needs ceramic cartridge to work . i have seen lots just like that in record players .

looked up coral flats and found shoes so cant comment on that part .
looks like it needs ceramic cartridge to work . i have seen lots just like that in record players .

I would only use for CD...no more LP's for me!

What a cute little critter:)

I'd be a little leery,those look like selenium rectifier stacks under the tubes. Not the end of the world at all,but they'd need to be replaced.

I wonder if the ''stereo'' outputs are limited to the higher frequencies, as there is a ''low tone'' output jack between the inputs and the stereo outputs.

I hope you don't take offense when i say this. Please understand i've wandered a bit on my audio journey. That said, you've really wandered off the beaten path:rolleyes:

What a cute little critter:)

I'd be a little leery,those look like selenium rectifier stacks under the tubes. Not the end of the world at all,but they'd need to be replaced.

I wonder if the ''stereo'' outputs are limited to the higher frequencies, as there is a ''low tone'' output jack between the inputs and the stereo outputs.

That is a sub out...www says its the first pre to have it.

The Germans made good stuff. I don't know what they were doing with their output transformers, but they must have gotten magic elves to wind them. Its often some very unimpressive looking nonsense but it sounds and performs very well. One of my more impressive performing deathtrap amps is a Metz console pull. Every time I listen to it, I'm impressed by it. It really needs some attention to make it fit for civilized use though, its all exposed high voltage all over the place.

I hope you don't take offense when i say this. Please understand i've wandered a bit on my audio journey. That said, you've really wandered off the beaten path:rolleyes:
Jacks been off the path for a longtime. There isn't too much regular gear that he hasn't had or tried so he has to continue on by going off the beaten path.

I am getting into a kick with some inexpensive small german amps...I already have a Telefunken S81, Grundig NF-10...and I am looking into one of the these....To run my Coral Flats..

HS1_000.jpg

Heli%20HS-1-8.jpg

Heli%20HS-1-4.jpg

OK, that rig is cool as hell. I'd definitely put that into play too. Go w/ @arts rec and replace the seleniums as well as the caps, clean switches & controls, and have at it.

Really nice that the power transformer has an input rating up to 127V too. The Germans future-proofed that for you.

:thumbsup:

The Germans made good stuff. I don't know what they were doing with their output transformers, but they must have gotten magic elves to wind them. Its often some very unimpressive looking nonsense but it sounds and performs very well.

Grundig NF-20 comes to mind...

Back
Top Bottom