Yamaha Love

SeattleHiFi

My Yamaha AS1100 has been one of the single best components I have experienced in my hi-fi journey thus far. It is a stunning balance between clarity, warmth, and audio truth. The on board phono stage is exceedingly excellent, and as a primarily vinyl minded music lover I deeply appreciate the commitment to a phono section built in. A phono section that gets to take advantage of a great EI power transformer and sophisticated power supply regulation as well.

Also, neat that Fremer shows some Yamaha love here at the 3:40 mark while touring music direct.
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/tour-music-directs-chicago-warehouse-mds-josh-bizar

Who else out here enjoys their Yamaha hi-fi components as much as I?

No surprise. I have a Yamaha RX-V683 doing AV work and given 15 minutes of warm up time describe the very elements you state.

Not saying it’s the end all and be all, just that you need to spend a lot more to achieve this quality.

I was mostly into Pioneer until ~2006 or so when my uncle let me have his M-2. That changed things very quickly. Now Yamaha is pretty much all I buy, and I have quite a few pieces. I have yet to be let down.

I've been all about the Natural Sound since 1984 when my father bought an A-1000, T-1020 and K-1020 setup.
Since then I've had a bunch and still have a bunch.
I've had a few Yamaha motorcycles as well. The 4 cylinders have a great sound as well :)

I have gone though a lot of amps\receivers, i do like some others but i keep ending up back with Yamaha. Many years ago i did have a old 70's Rotel but it was only 15wpc but love to try one again.

Not much for the Infinity RS4000's with this setup of mine, like the Paradigm 5SE's much more, been after some floorstanding 7se MK1's but hard to come by today at a nice price.

Nice. I used to have an 81' XS-650, that I rebuilt. Great bike to get around town on and shorter rides.

Yeah, it was a nice machine, 1978 SE model. I rode that thing for 10 years, although it went through a lot of mods over that time. My first Yamaha. After I got married Wife made me stop parking it in the living room during the winter. Imagine that, wives can be funny sometimes.

Cheers,
James

The phono section in this amp is really first rate. Enjoying with a Michell Gyro/SME 309/ShureV15V/JicoSAS stylus. Superb and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom