What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

AFAIK it is not a good idea to rename a thread due to the way forum software deals with permalinks. Changing the name destroys links.

My thought is that it would be far better to start a new thread in the Off Topic area for chit chat, restore this one to the state it was in a few months ago, with interaction based on the music being played and take part in the other, non-interactive threads for posting music selections.

Taking part in 3 or 4 threads is not such a huge chore, and could make all of them more user friendly. The cameraderie here is great, but could also be seen as an exclusive club. If long standing posters are leaving, it doesn’t look good for attracting new contributors.
Here is the way I see it: Memory and disk space is nearly free. Skimming past a post that is not interesting takes about 100ms. There is still much music in here and also much gear talk. I guess it is unfortunate the name does not reflect what this thread has become. More PC BS. Too much of that already in this world.

Now listen to this. We're getting a puppy of one of these and I'm going to teach mine to do this so he can be in mine/Lila's band :)

Here is the way I see it: Memory and disk space is nearly free. Skimming past a post that is not interesting takes about 100ms. There is still much music in here and also much gear talk. I guess it is unfortunate the name does not reflect what this thread has become. More PC BS. Too much of that already in thus world.

Now listen to this. We're getting a puppy of one of these and I'm going to teach mine to do this so he can be in mine/Lila's band :)

Chris you are king lol :)

Thanks, sounds interesting.

I now keep a notetaking app running while I browse this thread, so I can switch to it and tap in interesting new stuff like this. Far better than trying to write stuff down or find it later in the thread.

Same here. When I’m in my cave, I copy interesting looking titles, paste them into Notes and they are on my phone for access and memory jogging when I’m thrifting.

Glad you found The Visit. It’s a great album.

Speaking of photography. I got some nice pics today. A group of us from the neighborhood went out to Abbott's Pond Nature Center, the site of an 18th century grist mill.
The have various trails running through the woods and swamps.
The water is so clear that sun was reflecting off of the creek bottom creating this amber glow.
030.jpg

025.jpg

041.jpg
Those pics match perfectly with the Loreena McKennitt CD I am playing all the way thru.

So no pics of Chimi? My listening companion? Or where we are when listening? She is not going to be happy....wait this post violates the imaginary rules! Well I hope I didn't offend everyone.... Is everyone going to be O.k.? Will you still accept me with all my flaws and imperfections?

It's a few random members, I have a feeling it all started back when a new member posted a pix of a Lamp. (Yet no one wants address it).

Kinda sad actually that a few folks would get that worked up over a lamp. I have a strong feeling it runs deeper than that, but that's what caused the other thread to start. what's annoying is not that we lost a few long time members but new ones. Older members know the game, someone did not like that a new member was posting a picture of HER lamp. I liked it, and continued the conv, and so did a few others. After that the shit hit the fan... she was a hip lady too, was totally digging the shade. ;)

I say agin, if someone has an issue, don't partake, but dont bitch about it.

I could be way off... funny how a new thread was started around the same time.

Ok that probably just got me banded.. lol

I must have missed some poop hitting the fan. Good. I hate fan ejected poop. :rflmao:

AFAIK it is not a good idea to rename a thread due to the way forum software deals with permalinks. Changing the name destroys links.

My thought is that it would be far better to start a new thread in the Off Topic area for chit chat, restore this one to the state it was in a few months ago, with interaction based on the music being played and take part in the other, non-interactive threads for posting music selections.

Taking part in 3 or 4 threads is not such a huge chore, and could make all of them more user friendly. The cameraderie here is great, but could also be seen as an exclusive club. If long standing posters are leaving, it doesn’t look good for attracting new contributors.
I disagree alittle on exclusive club part you folks talk to me...we all where new once...Shit breaking the rules again!

Back
Top Bottom