What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Another compilation disc from Te-Te's binder. Never knew that this genre existed, but I looked it up and it is a thing. It's been gaining traction over the past ten years or so.
NWOTHM (New Wave Of Traditional Metal)
https://thegreatnorthernblogkill.wo...e-to-the-new-wave-of-traditional-heavy-metal/
Bands playing in the tradition of Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Saxon, Raven, Angel Witch...all my kind of stuff.

NWOTHM: The New Wave Of Trad Metal - Various Artists
2009 Metal Hammer MHR190CD1/04/09

https://www.discogs.com/Various-NWOTM-The-New-Wave-Of-Trad-Metal/release/3732720
057.jpg

Here is the way I see it: Memory and disk space is nearly free. Skimming past a post that is not interesting takes about 100ms. There is still much music in here and also much gear talk. I guess it is unfortunate the name does not reflect what this thread has become. More PC BS. Too much of that already in this world.

Now listen to this. We're getting a puppy of one of these and I'm going to teach mine to do this so he can be in mine/Lila's band :)
I guess that this post can be considered appropriate to the thread, it's got music, dogs, speakers showing etc. o_O

Folks! Lets stay on point with the topic of the thread. While I know that this has kinda become a community of AKers. The content sometimes stretches the boundaries on many occasions and crosses the line that accepts we do have some female members. You have lost several long time members posting in this thread because it is all over the place and often in places not admired by other members. Please try to limit it to music and what you are listening to and enjoy your friendships, just not at the expense of others. The meandering off topic has caused me to not post as much as previously as well.
Maintain speed and heading, but stay the proper course,
Jim
Sorry about the nature pics today. It won't happen again.

On vinyl:

The Lightning Fingers of Roy Clark on Capitol. Fairly early Roy. If he doesn't have the fastest fingers, he certainly in the discussion. Goodwill pick for a buck...gotta love GW.

Willie Ruff - The Smooth Side of Ruff on Columbia. A nice lp. Willie was a professor at the Yale School of Music until a couple of years ago. At 86 he was just awarded an honorary degree at Yale.

Re: This most recent "fan-poop," I would only add one thing to what I've already posted. I have said it before, and I'm saying it again, we need to be more aware of not posting things that could be offensive to women or negatively effect children that might want to participate or participate with parents. There is a high percentage of "red-blooded hetero males" in this thread, and I think in that respect, sometimes the postings (content, pic, videos) do get carried away at times. We don't need to be PC, but we do need to be more aware of our cyber-social surroundings, and of course the rules here at AK.

GJ

Ah, OK. In all seriousness, I agree we should keep things fairly clean. There are going to be a few words that push boundaries, and some of the album covers I have from the 70's-now are probably offensive to some. We don't need to be PC, but I agree it doesn't hurt to think of the audience.

Back
Top Bottom