What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

@KevinJS One yours, Washed and sounds stellar, Thanks brother
View attachment 1194938

Good to hear. A bit of history concerning those recordings. The guy they came from has lived all over the world and is downsizing for yet another move. His daughter kindled his interest in classical music. She is a flautist for one of the better known orchestras. His collection was huge and it’s doubtful any of the LPs had much play.

Heliodor is a Deutsche Grammophon label, so high quality goes almost without saying.

Once more into the breach, and then I’ll leave the subject alone. This thread has everything. It’s educational; introducing people to music they never considered, highlighting recordings previously unknown, friendly; with welcomes almost immediately for new posters, generous; there are packages heading for new owners almost constantly, considerate; sharing and sympathizing with other people’s problems and concerns.

It’s also a lifeline. Some of us rely on it for the only interaction we get with other people. The fact that those other people are of a similar mindset is the icing on the cake. Want to spend weeks away from home, have no social life outside of those you encounter at work, sleep in a truck or work camp and generally watch your life disappear while others are having a great time? Welcome to my world. Sure. If this thread disappeared, I’d replace it with something else, given time, but who else would really care what the northern prison is?

Presently listening to two vac trucks through double hearing protection. Catch you all later.
So well said, Kevin.
I understand Jim's concerns for the thread. Perhaps he's received complaints about some of the posts on here lately. I was certainly guilty today of posting pictures of the great outdoors which had nothing to do with what I was listening to right then. They were related to photography and our attempts to take good pictures.
It's a difficult job Jim has in corralling this thread. Has to be like herding cats.

I say hats off to Jim, aka @ehoove for the outstanding level handed yet thankless job he does here.

Hi Jim,

This thread had a life of its' own, with much, much positive interaction and friendships. If it's because the content does not match the thread discription and that is a problem, then maybe we should consider changing the name to: current name + everything else. The people that have left here went to a similar thread with nearly 0 interaction.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris

Jims the man. I can certainly steer a relative course in his direction. Can't totally abandon my input, But can pick my times better, Be short, And stay Music related. I think that's what he's asking. I think Quincy, MacTed, Jim, Beau, Darkblue, Are good examples. Music, Have a few things to add here and there. You realize this probably isn't just Jim saying this.

So well said, Kevin.
I understand Jim's concerns for the thread. Perhaps he's received complaints about some of the posts on here lately. I was certainly guilty today of posting pictures of the great outdoors which had nothing to do with what I was listening to right then. They were related to photography and our attempts to take good pictures.
It's a difficult job Jim has in corralling this thread. Has to be like herding cats.

I say hats off to Jim, aka @ehoove for the outstanding level handed yet thankless job he does here.
Agreed !!

Well, of the month perhaps. Who knows. You could have the best buy of the year there. I'm not sure of what it does or what it would cost brand new.
I assume it that get's plugged into the power source in advance of audio gear to filter out potential noise from the power company?.
That's exactly what it does, as well as local noise i.e. fridge, ac, other home electronics. As far as worth, it is all over the place. A fellow Aker said they saw one for $75 a while back, and there is one right now offered by SPW Industrial for $850!!! (And everything in between). Who knows...

AFAIK it is not a good idea to rename a thread due to the way forum software deals with permalinks. Changing the name destroys links.

My thought is that it would be far better to start a new thread in the Off Topic area for chit chat, restore this one to the state it was in a few months ago, with interaction based on the music being played and take part in the other, non-interactive threads for posting music selections.

Taking part in 3 or 4 threads is not such a huge chore, and could make all of them more user friendly. The cameraderie here is great, but could also be seen as an exclusive club. If long standing posters are leaving, it doesn’t look good for attracting new contributors.

Great solution. Post tunes here, Pop over there to BS about it. Genius I post in 2 or 3, 1 more no biggie

That's exactly what it does, as well as local noise i.e. fridge, ac, other home electronics. As far as worth, it is all over the place. A fellow Aker said they saw one for $75 a while back, and there is one right now offered by SPW Industrial for $850!!! (And everything in between). Who knows...
There ya go. $850. You clearly win!! :rflmao:
However I'll take my receiver nine ways till Sunday over that line conditioner. I listen to heavy metal...noise, what noise?

Yes, I sensed the sarcasm. And I liked your name change for the thread as well....has a certain ring to it.
005.jpg

EDIT: @Rob84, my "So What" wasn't directed at you, even though Keith Moon was a "Mod". :)
I figured you would, Lol!

Please don’t feel like the members are turning against you, Jim. Sure, you are a moderator, with a job to do, but also a valued contributor.

BTW, I’ve been a mod on similar forums for years so I know the predicament. There’s nothing to beat your first death threat for giving someone a suspension. I still have the screenshot somewhere.
^^^This^^^

Good to hear. A bit of history concerning those recordings. The guy they came from has lived all over the world and is downsizing for yet another move. His daughter kindled his interest in classical music. She is a flautist for one of the better known orchestras. His collection was huge and it’s doubtful any of the LPs had much play.

Heliodor is a Deutsche Grammophon label, so high quality goes almost without saying.

Yup, Very clean. Well cared for

Back
Top Bottom