TDL Reference Standard

vicdiaz

Hi-Fi fund balance = $0
Hi,

About a week ago I was given (for free) a pair of TDL Reference Standard TL speakers. Cabinet and grills are in almost pristine condition but all woofers and some of the midrange drivers require replacement (scratching coils) but its been impossible to source replacements either Falcon Acoustics, Wilmslow Audio, or Lockwood Audio. Originally I thought drivers were KEFs B139s and B110s but later found out they were sourced by ELAC, and similar drivers with different impedances are used.

Any advise will be appreciated since I'm not too keen on letting these pair rot in a landfill.

Hi,

About a week ago I was given (for free) a pair of TDL Reference Standard TL speakers. Cabinet and grills are in almost pristine condition but all woofers and some of the midrange drivers require replacement (scratching coils) but its been impossible to source replacements either Falcon Acoustics, Wilmslow Audio, or Lockwood Audio. Originally I thought drivers were KEFs B139s and B110s but later found out they were sourced by ELAC, and similar drivers with different impedances are used.

Any advise will be appreciated since I'm not too keen on letting these pair rot in a landfill.

As was stated on another thread you will have to have them worked on by an expert.
Audiomagnate mentioned Millersound who is in my part of the country.
/
He lives 13.5 miles from me right off of route 309.
Bill is an expert but charges a premium price.
I have learned a lot from him about drivers in a very short amount of time.
He was was once an authorized Rogers, Dynaudio and Kef service center BITD.
He is one of the most knowledgeable people in the industry.

Back
Top Bottom