What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Happy Birthday Kevin,

May Geddy Lee play some Bach etudes on his bass while singing "Happy Birthday," and may Alex Lifeson feature as a soloist with the London Symphony with Neil Peart in the percussion section playing an orchestrated version of "By-Tor and the Snow Dog," just for you.

Barring that, may you get home for some rest and listening ASAP!

GJ

Thanks GJ. That would be some great sounds. But, yes, some cave time wouldn’t go amiss.

Nyet. JBL didn;t make a whole lot of ribbons. Not that I know of anyway.
Their claim claim was horns, cast-basket woofers and great ported cabinets
Their Cat-Eye tweets still fetch plenty tho. That's how rare JBL ribbon tweeters are.
This is a Genuine Japanese-quality Tandy-type 2"x1" ribbon I used in a pinch with a JBL LE12C that already has a 2" paper cone mid.
The ribbon just fills it all in....
I never knew what speakers this ribbon was used in therefore I am pumped to actually see it again in something...
It sounds great.
Just...let's be honest here for a moment...
Even Jhorn-less BL's can;t compete with recapped Infinities... Though they're a helluva lot easier to drive....
I think they were calling those "leaf" tweeters. I wanted to use the JVC version for a pair of DIY speakers I made for my friend's girlfriend. I could not get a pair (don't recall why) so I used the Radio Shack ones. They could have been identical or not, never figured that out, but they sounded great. I think I crossed them high, 3rd order at about 6k.

Back
Top Bottom