project essential three table owners you need to see this.

Denon DP-300F

Audio Technica AT-LP3

Pioneer PL-30

There had been a lot of debates on Pioneer decks, but (unfortunately) it was confirmed that even their high-end models such as PLX-1000 are indeed Hanpin units, therefore I'm pretty sure this one is also Hanpin made, as well. They might had been made out of metal, I honestly wouldn't know since I never owned one, but one way or another they /are/ assembled in China, probably the same Hanpin factory as all other tables on the market today.

Sources, VinylEngine & Reddit

Meh, most of them are not going to bother with something as "complicated" as ProJect. Because manual tonearm is just too difficult to work out, not to mention properly balancing it, setting the correct AS & similar. So they're most likely going to buy something similar to LP-60, which is all set up right out of the box & ready to go without any tweaks. Fixed VTF, AS, integrated cart & pre-amp and (most importantly) fully automated operation, which is completely opposite of what ProJect has to offer.

Then there is no such thing as....I’m pretty sure. That’s a misinformed assumption !!

The Pioneer PL990, which has been around for many years and is still sold, is in fact a Hanpin, based on the HP R200 model. It is pretty much the exact same table as the AT LP60, Aiwa PX E850 & 855, Sony PS LX250H, and a few others.

Hanpin: http://www.hanpin.com.tw/Products/02_HP-R200.html

Pioneer: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Audio-Components/Pioneer+Turntables/PL-990

True....

But not the new PL-30K, it’s made in Japan as a better table on the cheap !!

Pioneer, ProJect, Hanpin, half-inch or P-Mount. Direct drive or belt driven ... it all comes down to the same thing really. Do you like your table & feel like it's the money well-spent? Because if you do & it does, I don't see the reason to complicate things. Heck, even if it's Crosley Cruiser, as long as you like the way it sounds, simply put on the record & enjoy the music :) (so much from me, sorry for going off-topic)

The PL-30K is the best low priced entry level table...even has an internal phono stage making it the cheapest to buy bar none !!!

That's what I thought. You got nothin'.

audio-database.com

PL-30/PL-30L

HAH....told you !!!

The PL-30K is an older Japanese design brought back and improved to complete with lesser tables at the same price point !!!

Integrity-Honor-Courage

Last edited:
You didn't tell me squat.

The PL30K isn't on there, and the PL30 and PL30L don't even resemble it. And, according to that site, the PL30/PL30L was circa 1980. That's nearly 40 years ago.:rolleyes:

It’s a continuation of that design and people on the stereophile forum have been saying so...

You didn't tell me squat.

The PL30K isn't on there, and the PL30 and PL30L don't even resemble it. And, according to that site, the PL30/PL30L was circa 1980. That's nearly 40 years ago.:rolleyes:

You can’t prove me wrong....

The more you look, the more you will see I’m right !!!

The turntable is based upon archived data...

It’s a continuation of that design and people on the stereophile forum have been saying so...

You can’t prove me wrong....

The more you look, the more you will see I’m right !!!

The turntable is based upon archived data...
Go ahead and believe whatever stupid thing you want to, just like usual. I really don't care either way, to be honest. Just don't expect everyone else to believe it when you don't have anything to back it up.

Have a nice day.

Go ahead and believe whatever stupid thing you want to, just like usual. I really don't care either way, to be honest. Just don't expect everyone else to believe it when you don't have anything to back it up.

Have a nice day.

And you keep on being the usual monkey see....monkey do like everyone else as usual !!!

Using an un-threaded shaft while providing a dial weight scale for the counterweight is the real engineering crime here. Weight-indicating dials are useless when the counterweight turns are not forced into proportionality by a threaded shaft. Worse than useless, actually, as they give false readings. Everybody using that turntable, or any other with an un-threaded counterweight, NEEDS a stylus gauge.

Using an un-threaded shaft while providing a dial weight scale for the counterweight is the real engineering crime here. Weight-indicating dials are useless when the counterweight turns are not forced into proportionality by a threaded shaft. Worse than useless, actually, as they give false readings. Everybody using that turntable, or any other with an un-threaded counterweight, NEEDS a stylus gauge.

Does the counterweight not have an internal groove with a follower on the stub?

Back
Top Bottom