Great Find at Goodwill! Hitachi HMA-8500 MKII

Deane1

Wow! could not believe it--a matched pair of Hitachi Pre-amp and Amp. Hitachi HMA-8500 MKii and and HCA-8500 Control Amp! Hold on to your hats folks! $25 for the pair! Lamps are out on left VU meter on the Amp, but I have a set of replacements on order. Cosmetically near new! Can't wait to hook this up to my Ohm Walsh II's and crank up some Zep and Beethoven! Anyone have any comments on this amp/pre combo?20180502_160919[1].jpg

Nice, would've jumped on those at the price. Let us know how they sound. Make sure they're working properly (check there isn't a bunch of DC on outputs for example) before connecting to anything you care about!

Yes, thanks for the tip. I am not an electronics wizard, and can do small repairs like the lamps, but will take it to a shop and have it checked out and anything that is not working will get fixed.

The store told me several people tried but could not get anything happening with them. I always carry earbuds with me and found a tape deck and cassette to plug into it in the store. I had no problem getting signal. They were marked at $49 each. When he told me nobody could get them working, I asked if he could do better on the price. He said $25 for the pair since nobody could get it going, and quicker than The Flash can circle the globe, I had out my American Express--Don't leave home without it! ---and a pair of earbuds!

Wow! could not believe it--a matched pair of Hitachi Pre-amp and Amp. Hitachi HMA-8500 MKii and and HCA-8500 Control Amp! Hold on to your hats folks! $25 for the pair! Lamps are out on left VU meter on the Amp, but I have a set of replacements on order. Cosmetically near new! Can't wait to hook this up to my Ohm Walsh II's and crank up some Zep and Beethoven! Anyone have any comments on this amp/pre combo?View attachment 1177765
Can you let me know where you ordered the bulbs?

Back
Top Bottom