Philips PA 1200B Power Amplifier

wazymk

Would anyone have a service manual or schematic diagram for this amp? - The right channel is starting to cut out after it is on for about 30 minutes -I can't find much at all on the internet about this amp. I really want to keep it as it sounds superb and has huge power meters - It's a classic vintage amp.

Thanks Wazy

First thing I'd do is check the DC offset of the amp at the speaker terminals over a period of time.
Hook up a meter to the B speakers, play your A speakers until the issue starts. Turn down the pre amp and switch to B and see what the DC voltage is.
Another possibility is bad solder connections. With the top off, see if you can get it to act up when you push on the board with a chopstick or similar.

I know this is a old thread guys but any information at all on this amplifier is greatly needed, anything at all. Tweaks, mods, manuals, repair tips haha anything you have to offer I am taking:smoke:

Me too - need a service manual if anyone has one. Amp still works fine but would like to give it a once over and possible recap and replace transistors etc. Only issue is the lights on those cool VU meters are out. Need to know bulb replacement voltage, size etc
LED equivalents would be best

Back
Top Bottom