Who here LOVES OHM ACOUSTICS Legacy Speakers from Before 1983 ?..I do !

Harvestor

Addicted Member
And I know where there are a Pair of one the most Rare OHM models ever
The B2 !!!
If I had $1250 I'd buy them in a second..
But not while I'm out of work.....
Dog Gone it...!
Well anyway if anyone is interested in a set of B2's check out the ads on the Eastern Seaboard!

Show us your OHM's !

Here's mine..IMG_20180529_164351941.jpg

If anybody knows where i can find one of the Ohm badges please private message me... I talked to Ohm Acoustics today and they don't have any more..
And I know that the most Rare OHM model are probably the Model A...
And I wonder if anyone here owns or used to own a set ?
And it seems most All of the Legacy speakers are Walnut Finish and very rarely ever Oak or anything else...

Model I
cleardot.gif

How do the H compare to the I?
Actually all three complement one another very well with the same super tweeters...
The Model I sound phenomenal in every respect and going between A vs B comparisons with the model H or the model C2 between them and the model I... They have similar sound but the clarity that the model I have with vocals matches up with the model H slightly better than the C2.... The model I are amongst the best sounding loudspeakers I've ever heard and I've auditioned many since I became very interested in this Hobby...
The model H and C2 are some of the finest speakers in their class in my opinion... But I like the way ohm acoustics box speakers from the 70's sound...
If you follow my posts you will see I have many Cerwin Vegas and a pair of Mach ones I've had since 1983... The Mach ones in my opinion are like PA speakers they're absolutely not for audiophile enjoyment...
But I bought them when I was 15... And couldn't afford the ohm' speakers I wanted back then...
And then by the time 1986 came around and I purchased my Cerwin Vega D9 that I still have TECH Hi-Fi had closed their doors and ohm acoustics weren't sold in Michigan that I could find...
I love my Cerwin Vegas and I've done direct
a / b comparisons and 300 SE can pound them down with Bass and pretty good clarity going between the model I and the D9 is a better comparison... But in all reality two different types of sound I prefer the sound from any one of these three models of ohm acoustics over any of my Cerwin Vegas if I'm going to want to really sit back and critique and enjoy good music....
If I want to have maximum sound pressure level and feel the music the model I can hold their own very well against any of my largest Cerwin Vegas... And sound better while doing it..
Don't get me wrong I still enjoy and love my Cerwin Vegas but play any of the classical music or Kenny G or Celine Dion and none of my Cerwin Vegas can bring the enjoyment like the ohm acoustics speakers that I own...

I love my H's even tho they had serious water damage. I aquired a pair of mint JBL L166 about the same time. Guess who stayed. :)

I also have a pair of OHM Model I, seem to be fairly rare now especially in the UK. Anyone on here have a pair in the UK?

I love my Ohm Model I that I bought recently from the original owner. They are in extremely good condition20210907_140745.jpg 20210907_135304.jpg and even have their original boxes and packaging. They are the clearest and cleanest sounding speakers that I have ever heard. I am proud to be able to use them on a daily basis.

Attachments

• 20210907_155719.jpg
    20210907_155719.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom