Name an album by a band from your state

5759111-l.jpg

R-3266489-1323061870.jpeg.jpg

9b3327bff9ec17203311b4dee044d1a0.jpg

Vancouver, BC, Canada: The Odds -- Good Weird Feeling.

For my money, the best band to come out of Western Canada.

Well, seeing as no one has checked in from VT, I will. I'm not gonna go with the obvious, and name a Phish album, because frankly, I can't stand them.
So, here is an album by the talented Neko Case, who makes her home in our fair state.

81uuMZfResL._SY355_.jpg

I'm from Texas, which can compete with California ;)

so for there I'll go with: Stevie Ray Vaughn, Leon Bridges, Spoon, Norah Jones, Toadies, Willie Nelson

For my wife, I'll take these Scottish bands: Frightened Rabbit, Camera Obscura, Belle & Sebastian, THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN, Teenage Fanclub, Orange Juice

You go where the jobs are. California seems to have a disproportionate number of non-native actors and actresses. When I was a kid Detroit had a disproportionate number of non-native autoworkers. Stricter criteria would probably disqualify 90 percent of these so-called "California" bands.

So, here is an album by the talented Neko Case, who makes her home in our fair state.

81uuMZfResL._SY355_.jpg
Apparently Neko is a little weak on her Mercury muscle cars, as she's perched atop a Cougar, not a Cyclone. Should have just gone ahead and named the album after the Cougar -- might be more appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom