Snell Type A/II Surround Help

Tillandz

Hello y'all. I recently bought a pair of the Snell Type A/II. I noticed that the woofers needed to have their surrounds replaced, as the old surrounds have basically cracked and fallen apart. I am going to buy the surrounds from simply speakers. Can someone help guide me through this process?

Thank you in advance!

I cannot recommend you doing surrounds on these if you have not done any or a few drivers.

If the surrounds have been shot for some time the Aii's should be taken apart and have new spiders installed. These are normally weighted with rope caulk on early models and with epoxy on later models.

Probably the best speaker repair service in the USA, or at least one of them, is Millersound. Bill LeGall is the owner. They are in PA. I can highly recommend his work.

Another speaker repair service, especially as regards Snells, is Lloyd Faulkner....near St. Louis MO. I think his company is called Spectrum Sound (314-440-8187). I've not done any business with him, but you will see recommendations from other Snell owners for his work.

Those A IIs are quite nice, and deserve to be repaired correctly. Good luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom