Gear in the Wild (Ever find seemingly good gear just sitting outside?)

Ronito6

Howdy all! Ronito6 here from the Sansui forums mostly.

Tales of apparently good gear thrown out just for anyone to take are common enough here on AK.

Here is another....

My sister-inlaw who lives in Chicago sent me this picture today.

upload_2018-6-6_14-9-1.png

That is a Sansui 771 tuner, a Kenwood cassette player (I think), and in back what I think is an Accuphase branded CD Player.

She found them outside somewhere on the south side of Chicago near the U of C.

Happily she took my advice and grabbed them up.

If you've got a pic of gear in the wild, please add it to this thread.

Thanks!!

Just leaving stereo equipment in a field.....

There is lazy, then there is bone lazy.....lazy to the bone, can’t even drop it off at the Goodwill !!!

No pics but I have found;

Lafayette LR-9090 receiver
SONY XA20ES CDP
JVC RX-206 receiver
Technics SLBD-20 turntable.

I gave away the TT when I bought my first SL1200MKII. The other gear is still in use. I also pull some decent stuff from an electronics recycling bin nearby.

Just leaving stereo equipment in a field.....

There is lazy, then there is bone lazy.....lazy to the bone, can’t even drop it off at the Goodwill !!!

Yes, but it's a college area. I suspect some student just did a dump and run.

That's an integrated amp! I've never seen anything like this sitting outside... Not even Soundesign or Yorx.
Correction, the 771 is a receiver. I found one in the back of an old square body Chevy P/U that was about to be sent to the crusher from my buddies shop. He says, you want it,take it. It's what got me started in this crazy hobby. ;)

A pair of Infinity 12” Watkins woofer based speakers needing foam. Took them home, but foams weren’t commonly available at the time. Parted ‘em and sold it all off.

I can't say I found them in the wild, more like a zoo in a "pop up" parking lot recycling center. I saw a pair of Acoustic Research AR-93 speakers, rolled up next to them and calmly slid them into the back seat of my car before the attendant could stop me. He called his boss, but nothing bad happened. I always wondered if I could be arrested for taking something which was dumped in a parking lot recycling center. :idea:

Accuphase??? What??? More details on it please! Finding something by Accuphase thrown away is on my dream list, even if it was just a tuner.

I’m sure that’s a Kenwood KA-127 integrated... runs the big SanKen output transistors...120w/ch iirc
8CC2B03F-A09A-496D-91D8-2523072F759E.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the best was an HK300b that was headed to the dumpster from an apartment clean out across the street from my old house. That didn't make it due to intercepting the clean out guy.

I did find a 'scope sitting in an alley a few months ago. It's a cheapo but it works.

The Sansui is a receiver, the Kenwood is an integrated amp. Can't say I have seen a tape deck with venting like that.

Nice for free.

Rob

Accuphase??? What??? More details on it please! Finding something by Accuphase thrown away is on my dream list, even if it was just a tuner.

I may be wrong. The second pic (to come) will settle the question. I likely misread the logo.

771 is a reciever. THANKS! I should have googled it but I was on my way to work and didn’t have time

Correction, the 771 is a receiver. I found one in the back of an old square body Chevy P/U that was about to be sent to the crusher from my buddies shop. He says, you want it,take it. It's what got me started in this crazy hobby. ;)
The Kenwood is an integrated amp, not cassette deck.

Back
Top Bottom