Hamburger recipes

Well, there's a thread for hot dogs so thought maybe one for hamburgers would be popular too?

So whats your best way(s) of making/fixin' the all american hamburger?

I've recently tried mixing either mayo or some cola into the raw meat before cooking.

White Castle used to make the little square burgers by rolling the hamburger out at about 1/4" thick, sprinkle salt, pepper and onion powder on it and folding it over to make 1/2" thick burgers. I just use salt & pepper. burger about 5/8" thick. cook for 5 minutes per side at 65% heat in skillet. Potato bun with mayo, onion, tomato, and MAYBE a teeny bit of BBQ sauce.

Salt, pepper, garlic, a little "Wooster" sauce, and a little lemon juice mixed into the patties. Lump charcoal and a slice of cheese melted on top. :beerchug:

My son can't get enough of my wife's burgs made with montreal seasonings and Worcester$#!bleepin sauce.
Sometimes I'll make a patty or two for myself with finely chopped onion, jalapenos, bread crumbs (sometimes egg) and seasonings and whatever else crosses my mind.
Kind of a spicy cross between burgers and meatloaf. Favorite topping is raw onion.Everything else is second depending on mood and what's available.
I've recently tried mixing either mayo or some cola into the raw meat before cooking.
Curious, does the mayo help keep the burgers moist?

I like mine fairly plain for the beef. Sometimes I will add some Worcestershire or onion soup mix, but usually just plain old beef.

Don't work the beef too much makes too dense a patty.

I'm more experimental in the burger toppings than hot dog toppings. A topping of bacon, peppercorn, and blue cheese works for me. But just plain old cheeseburger with onions works too.

On occasion a nice dollop of cream cheese with green chile on top.

Typically just ketchup, sometimes mayo. Never mustard for me, mustard goes on hot dogs. ;)

I like the beef relatively plain also. Just a little freshly ground black pepper, or Montreal steak seasoning. I use an immersion circulater at 135 degrees F to cook the patties. I can cook them long enough to pasteurize the beef without over cooking them. I let the patties sit for 15 to 20 minutes to let the exterior dry off. I season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper then sear in a nuclear hot cast iron skillet with a little grape seed oil and unsalted butter. I top with American or Cheddar cheese after flipping the burgers. I add a small amount of the bag juice to the skillet and cover to melt the cheese. This method results in a burger on the high end of medium rare with a nice crisp exterior.

For toppings I like to mimic the MacDonald's basic burger: Chopped onions, pickles, ketchup, and yellow mustard.

-Dave

Very plain here. My wife smashes them with a dinner plate, adds a bit of salt and pepper and I grill 'em to medium or a bit less. Slice of provolone a minute before I pull them off. She uses ketchup and mustard, I use a bit of BBQ sauce. We never have any buns around, so they get served on a toasted English muffin.

I've gone thru several phases of dressing up hamburger patties with all sorts of ingredients to just using fresh (ground that day) 80/20, being as gentle as possible to make the patties, then seasoning the outside.

BUT - I have a weakness for fresh roasted Hatch green chile as a garnish, some cheese, guacamole to cut the heat of the chiles, grilled onions, fresh tomato, maybe some ketchup and mustard.

7-4-17-green-chile-burgers.jpg

Hey
Here's a recipe I've been using the last few years.
20180609_151142.jpg
Of course I don't use 2 different types of beef or some of the other suggestions. You get the idea. Eric

Ground buffalo

Worcestershire sauce

Onion powder

Slab of purple onion

German mustard

Mild Wisconsin cheddar cheese

Grilled onions

Grilled Kaiser Roll

Back
Top Bottom