Panasonic SG-719 solid state radio & phono

phonophan79

Greetings -

I saved this from the curb today... a bit dusty, but gave it a once over and plugged it in.

It works! ... but def needs a new needle.

I actually came here to ask if there was any chance of replacing the needle but was amazed to find it at a simple Google search:

https://www.turntableneedles.com/Astatic-N8-7S-or-N8-7D-our-Needle-700_p_1310.html

So, I answered my own question... now i'm just sharing because it's a neat little vintage phono.

DSC03478.JPG DSC03483.JPG DSC03484.JPG DSC03485.JPG DSC03486.JPG DSC03488.JPG

Get yours from TVOM, Gary Stork's helpful, friendly, his prices are reasonable, he stands behind what he sells. Very nice old portable Radio/Phono, one of the best of the little portables. Panasonic made nice ones.

Very cool! I once owned a similar portable made by Delmonico/Nivico, better known as JVC. The radio was AM-only, but the (three speed) record player was actually stereo, with two top-firing speakers. I used it for a couple of years to play my records around the house and on-the-go, even experimenting with using it to play records in the car, though that ended about as you'd imagine. :rolleyes: Eventually, it stopped working, first losing a channel, and then crapping out entirely. :( Not sure whether or not I still have the remains somewhere.
-Adam

Back
Top Bottom