You're Never Too Old For Legos. Saturn V.

And then the sections are joined into final assemblies and mounted to the core.

DSC05449.jpg DSC05450.jpg DSC05451.jpg DSC05452.jpg DSC05456.jpg

Cheers,
James

I've always loved reading about/watching stuff on the Apollo missions and I was a big fan of Legos growing up. I just saw this recently and ended up building it this past weekend. I love the details and how all of it comes together. I, too, have to find a permanent home for it now ... That case looks nice

IMG_20180610_163434.jpg

I've always loved reading about/watching stuff on the Apollo missions and I was a big fan of Legos growing up. I just saw this recently and ended up building it this past weekend. I love the details and how all of it comes together. I, too, have to find a permanent home for it now ... That case looks nice

View attachment 1210578

Looks great!
I lucked out on the case. It was a customer return at half price so I took a chance and there were no defects. But I didn't see the possibility of there being a gantry kit until after buying the case and it would be too small for both.

Cheers,
James

As I've never built anything Lego, I'm finding this thread very interesting - I hope you continue to show us the build... Thanks!

As I've never built anything Lego, I'm finding this thread very interesting - I hope you continue to show us the build... Thanks!

I will. I've had a bit of a busy spell with other stuff but the thread will continue soon.

Cheers,
James

So I actually had made some progress last week but got overwhelmed with other things and haven't posted.

So here is the continuing construction of the first stage...

DSC05457.jpg DSC05458.jpg DSC05462.jpg DSC05466.jpg DSC05467.jpg

DSC05480.jpg DSC05481.jpg DSC05483.jpg DSC05485.jpg DSC05489.jpg

...and now we are up to date. As soon as I get my Yamaha MX-1 power amp off of the workbench things will move forward again.

Cheers,
James

Your patience and camera skills are far superior to mine! My youngest son gave me the same kit for Father's Day. I spent the following weekend putting it together, making many mistakes along the way. All in, including several partial disassembly/re-assembly sessions, I had about 8 or so hours into it. This was my first Lego project in 50 or so years. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although my hands paid the price the following Monday (and Tuesday and ...). 35+ years of computer programming has taken its toll on my hands and manual dexterity stamina.

20180627_163143.jpg

Dave

Back
Top Bottom