What's the view like from your listening chair?

IMG_0271.JPG

From about where I park to listen. All the gear next to me on a table.IMG_0269.JPG

EDIT: so many likes! Yikes
So a little info: I'm in a wheelchair 23 years and this is a barn we finished converting as a home. This is what were the stalls under the barn. The three very thick uneven fieldstone foundations surely contribute to the good sound, as well as the beams in the ceiling. The floor is poured concrete with laid down wooden flooring and a rug.
I like how the system, although quite respectable, is not intrusive: 2 turntables, 2 CD players, a tuner and a preamp in the same kind of humble stack I had at 21, no rack! (the Krell's on the floor. Try lifting one from a chair!)
I love this space as well as all of the rest of this place. I can truly say without boasting that Julie and I hit it out of the park when we conceptualized and executed our ideas! This is like melding retirement, vacation, retreat and ritual-space into one!

Last edited:
My practice / media room with my beloved German SonorLite Scandinavian Birch kit that I bought new in '83.

Sansui 9090db > Sony X229 ES CDP > JBL L100's

20170101_110256.jpg

20160513_160754.jpg

Are those Sony SSHA3's I spot? I enjoyed a pair for a couple years!

Yes they are. My initial system (with the Sony HAP-S1) before I upgraded to Sprndors and Sony HAP-Z1ES and TA-1ES

Tempted to sell the set but no hurry.

Correction - the speakers are SS-HA1. They have the upward firing super-tweeters. Very impressive for the price but the Spendors are smoother and have deeper bass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom