Advent "Laureate", anyone own them?

Got a pair of Laureats for free, refoamed and hooked them up to a recapped Pioneer SX-737.
i gotta say (cheapskate filter on) that the cost of new surrounds vs. my refurbed ADS L1090/2 as a daily listener I'd take the money and be happy with the Advents.

I know this is an old Post, but I also like the Advent line of speakers up till maybe the early 90s. I did purchase back in 1978 a new pair of the new large Advent loudspeakers with the bull nosed corners/edges. Of like them ever since. Unfortunately those speakers are long gone, but I just got a good deal on a pair of Advent legacy 1 and a pair of Advent prodigy's for a good price (from the same guy) Excellent condition on the cabinets and grills, all woofer surrounds gone... purchased new surrounds from simply speakers and reformed. Comparing them to my Advent Laureate's. I think for overall listening pleasure the Laureate's are a little ahead. I think my next move is to work on the crossovers. I've compared the Laureate's to a set of Klipsch SF 1's and Set of Klipsch KG 3.2's. The problem with the Klipsch for me is ear fatigue, I can only listen for an hour or two, then I've had enough. Seems I can listen to the advent's all day long without any problem. I understand these are lower model Klipsch speakers, but both of those sets are gone and the advent's remain... just my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom