Pics of your listening space

1ADSarge,
They are SP Technology Timepiece 3.0 speakers. They continued for a while as Aether Audio, but are now unfortunately defunct. They are the best monitor speakers I've ever had, and I've had (and still have) some nice ones.

Would love to know more about these speakers. If you would be so kind as maybe to start a thread on them? Nice setups!

I temporarily abandoned that project, due to lack of a really good measurement setup (yes, I want an anechoic room,
and may have to rent one). The diffraction effects from that BMR are dramatic!

The design is based on this https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/new-loudspeaker-design.173776/ but with a modern SB Acoustics woofer, and with MiniDSP innards.

It's a Queenway copy. Best I've heard. A good thing I haven't heard the real thing as it's out of my price range. Ignorance is bliss ;)

I'm more worried about my puppy, Buddy, chewing on my Dueland speaker wire than overall SQ for now. Once he's older I should be able to move it forward a bit. He chews everything he can get his sharp little teeth around.

is it the one that partsconnexion is selling? im thinking about buying the 16 gauge one but it is stranded and i have always had solid core copper speaker cables. how did it improve the sound in your experience?

Lots of upgrades recently... Sold a few things smaller things, but most major I sold my modded Rega P-25, McIntosh C-26 I restored, my Totem Rainmakers, and my old phono stage.

Went from this:
IMG_5735.jpg

To this:

IMG_1909.JPG

New Totem Hawks, and a new vinyl setup: Rega RP8/Apheta 2 and Rega Aria phono stage.
Apologies for the dust, I was speakerless for a few weeks and let myself go ;). I snapped this very quickly.

I have to narrow down speaker placement, and maybe mass loading. I am super pumped though!
Maybe next I'll make nicer shelves... the MDF work well, but look like crap.

One more of this beauty:

IMG_1389.JPG

Got the Fisher TA600 back from an overhaul recap and it has been inserted into a system in our family room area. i guess I could have just hooked it up to the Wharfedales in the photo but I wanted to try the Tannoys with it. Gonna be too warm here soon to be using it much unfortunately. Looks and sounds great. I am in the midst of doing some refinishing work on my Altec Santiagos and I am looking forward to using the Fisher with those.
Fisher-and-Tannoy-1.jpg Fisher-TA600.jpg Tannoy-and-Fisher.jpg

Got the Fisher TA600 back from an overhaul recap and it has been inserted into a system in our family room area. i guess I could have just hooked it up to the Wharfedales in the photo but I wanted to try the Tannoys with it. Gonna be too warm here soon to be using it much unfortunately. Looks and sounds great. I am in the midst of doing some refinishing work on my Altec Santiagos and I am looking forward to using the Fisher with those.
View attachment 1216560 View attachment 1216561 View attachment 1216563

Looks great. Beautiful buffet/cabinet to go along with those nice speakers.

Lots of upgrades recently... Sold a few things smaller things, but most major I sold my modded Rega P-25, McIntosh C-26 I restored, my Totem Rainmakers, and my old phono stage.

Went from this:
View attachment 1215935

To this:

View attachment 1215936

New Totem Hawks, and a new vinyl setup: Rega RP8/Apheta 2 and Rega Aria phono stage.
Apologies for the dust, I was speakerless for a few weeks and let myself go ;). I snapped this very quickly.

I have to narrow down speaker placement, and maybe mass loading. I am super pumped though!

One more of this beauty:

View attachment 1215941
Nice setup there. Enjoy.

View attachment 1216560 View attachment 1216561 View attachment 1216563

Your setup. as always, looks splendid.

Coupla questions if you don't mind:

Where did you have your Fisher serviced and,
Where did you get the wood cae.

Your setup. as always, looks splendid.

Coupla questions if you don't mind:

Where did you have your Fisher serviced and,
Where did you get the wood cae.

Thanks. I was fortunate to find it in such great overall condition. Worthy of a restore.

The case came with it so I am not sure how they came together. It isn't a perfect fit as the manual specifies a smaller size height. It's about 1/3" too big. But I can get away with it well enough.
The tech I use is in Twin Falls here in Idaho. He used to be at Pacific Stereo long ago. I sourced all the caps from Antique Electronics Supply and the cans from Hayseed Hamfest myself for him to use ahead of time. It's dead quiet.

My latest office setup. Disregard the dust and clutter as no one comes in here but me. It is also a bit of a man cave that my wife disregards. Yamaha T-2 (rebuilt and aligned), Yamaha C-2x (original and works perfect), Yamaha M-4 (Rebuilt and modified), Nakamichi RX-505 (orange caps replaced), Technics SL1200MKII with AT440MLb, Audio-gd Referance 5.32 DAC, Decware Taboo III headphone amp for Audeze LCD 2.2, ADS L420 connected to M-4 and ADS L300i speakers I listen to with the Taboo sometimes.

View attachment 1196927

View attachment 1196930

View attachment 1196932

View attachment 1196933

View attachment 1196934

Wall mounted my TT and now have room for the Akai GX-635D!

IMG_0346 (net).jpg

Went from this:
View attachment 1215935

To this:

View attachment 1215936

One more of this beauty:

View attachment 1215941
Is that an RP-1 preamp? If so, how’s the phono stage in it? I’ve got a Metis Magnum and have thought about going to the RP-1.

Is that an RP-1 preamp? If so, how’s the phono stage in it? I’ve got a Metis Magnum and have thought about going to the RP-1.
It is! I love it. I went from an Audible Illusions L-2 to this, and that says a lot. The phono stage is great! Quiet, easy, fully adjustable... no complaints. We sell Rogue, so if you want to take the plunge let me know! ;)

Back
Top Bottom