I have joined the JBL society in a big way . JBL L250's on their way

Very cool! Kudos! Gonna run them with the Anthem?
I have a local friend with a pair - lots of clean power is essential for the best sound.

Welcome to the pyramid club :). The Adcom is a fine amp to get them going and should provide plenty of listening enjoyment. While they always like more power, there is an art to voicing the amp with the speakers, electronics and room. Part of me still misses the magic I had with the tube MC275 driving them.

jblnut

Congrats!

The Adcom will work very well if it's in decent health.

When I first brought the L250 home, they needed some attention. I cleaned all of the buss bars and screw posts on the back with very fine steel wool. I had to remove all of the drivers for a few reasons and found that multiple plastic putty knives are handy.
A few of the female terminals were squeezed back into good tension and I may have used a brass brush on the males. It was all put back together per schematic colors and only the woofer can be wired wrong on these IIRC.

Room setup may be worth experimenting with as well. They were in a long rectangular room in the beginning. It was good luck that they worked very well in the first place I could find for them. Later, I had a difficult room and much rearranging paid off.

Excellent grab! Never heard a pair, but I've had 4 sets of JBL 240ti's. Youre in for some fantastic listening! Everyone raves about the 250ti's!:rockon:

35888182_455201701559957_6400134778716160000_n.jpg

Well , they are here and all tucked in . Fresh oil and have become big brothers to my 112's . Wow , I have a lot of listening to do .

VERY nice!
One of our local folks had a pair of those and they were impressive.
He still has them, but he moved away and is no longer local folks ;(

mark-fullsystem.jpg

He also had this big old sub behind his sofa, which inspired me to find one a few years later.

mark-B460.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! Kudos! Gonna run them with the Anthem?
I have a local friend with a pair - lots of clean power is essential for the best sound.

I LOVE Anthem amps. Great power reserve. Slew rate and damping factor seem to match JBL 15-inch woofers nicely!

Back
Top Bottom