Looks like a scam to me

I'd be especially dubious because I think a new seller would put a lot of his own thoughts into his first auction. This guy just gives some cut/paste copy.

On the plus side Ebay + paypal and you're pretty much bulletproof. Just don't get switched in any way away from standard ebay payment

True, but I prefer to spend my time doing other things besides dealing with Ebay related BS.

Anyway, I just thought I'd give folks a heads-up...if it wasn't already obvious.

Last edited:
There is an area here to buy and sell, it costs $25/year for access to that area and the ability to buy and sell here.

With the influx of thousands of new members, there is a clear need for an update on the purpose of the Dollars & Sense Forum… what it is and what it isn’t.

Primary purpose:
To provide a forum for the discussion of values of audio/video and related equipment.

Other permitted topics:
The discussion of the process of buying and selling, including methods of payment, and the resolution of disputes.
Posting of links to auctions, either for the purpose of asking questions about the item being sold, or to let other AK members know about an item in which they might be interested.

Primary prohibition:
ANY discussion or mention whatsoever, no matter how subtle, of anything that you intend to sell, or anything in which you have any involvement is absolutely forbidden. As in every AK forum, off-topic rants, thread-crapping, and showing lack of respect for other members will not be tolerated.

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding: THIS IS NOT EBAY. If the only reason you’re here is to attempt to drum up interest in things you want to sell, or to get information about things you want to sell, and you have no personal interest in the love of music or the equipment used to play music, leave now.

Otherwise, craigslist, ebay, etc.
JMO, those are not going to be worth much.
Now their VALUE is something you can ask about here provided you don't mention selling them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Trish,

You're in the right Forum....but just click the Start Thread button on the right and start your own thread to ask about your Marantz gear.

Right forum, but wrong thread.
You need to start your own thread Trish.

Hi Trish,

You're in the right Forum....but just click the Start Thread button on the right and start your own thread to ask about your Marantz gear.

Non-subscribers cannot post items for sale in any forum. Bartertown is a subscribers only forum, and the only forum for sales.

On the plus side Ebay + paypal and you're pretty much bulletproof. Just don't get switched in any way away from standard ebay payment
One time that wasn't the case. I bought something and it wasn't as described by a mile. Refund? Guy closed his account and I was out of my money. Neither eBay nor PayPal was going to refund me. Well, actually PayPal did at first then took the monies back as they had no recourse getting their money from the guy as he had shut down operations and disappeared. I was out small change but that left a bad taste in my mouth on their purported "PROTECTION ". YUP, took their refund back. Blew my mind. "Sorry sir you'll have to get the refund " was the answer.

One time that wasn't the case. I bought something and it wasn't as described by a mile. Refund? Guy closed his account and I was out of my money. Neither eBay nor PayPal was going to refund me. Well, actually PayPal did at first then took the monies back as they had no recourse getting their money from the guy as he had shut down operations and disappeared. I was out small change but that left a bad taste in my mouth on their purported "PROTECTION ". YUP, took their refund back. Blew my mind. "Sorry sir you'll have to get the refund " was the answer.
Wow,
For some reason i was under the belief their fee structure covered them (with a nice profit to spare) the rare occasion when they couldn't recover funds:idea:

Back
Top Bottom