Early Father's day find

BruenoB

Well, I'm only a father to a cute little cat but she counts right? Lol.

Anyway, garage sales have been starting on Wednesday and Thursday and I work so sadly I haven't really found much this year.

However, yesterday I stopped by some thrift stores and happened to see a couple of large boxes....they had it listed as a table set. Lol.

I now have a brand new audio rack for $20 after vet discount!
IMG_20180617_074714.jpg IMG_20180617_074634.jpg IMG_20180616_165546.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know what "the big guy" has to do with thrift store finds..

Anyway, very nice find! Those are around $400 new arent they?

However, yesterday I stopped by some thrift stores and happened to see a couple of large boxes....they had it listed as a table set. Lol.

I now have a brand new audio rack for $20 after vet discount!

So.... you have encountered a real "phenomena" at these thrift stores.. particularly the outlets or locations set up for gross sales!

They (the people managing or reps in the thrift) do not seem to care much about labeling nor describing the article they are displaying :dunno:.. if too much trouble.

Case in point: Recently at a G-Will location, I frequent about two times a month, the manager sold me an item he said, "does not work" or is damaged. I like to pick the speakers and salvaged a vintage JBL TLX 151. The cabinet was in great condition and two of the drivers need re-foaming..
No problem! One dollar.... and 75 cents ($2 with the donation to job seekers) :bowdown:

This is not the first time this occurred.. I have retrieved (paid small $) for cassette players, amps, and various other recoverable and lightly played audio/video devices.

Some thrift managers stock pile these items.. because they don't "look good" :idea:

Needless to say, I have often reaped the benefit of paying next to nothing for these wonders sitting on the shelf... waiting on a "cheapskate heartbroken old-school tech" like me... :hug: to rescue them from the "destination dumpster".

After fix-up.. some full "vintage" systems have gone to friends and family.. I "believe" I am doing a service:music: ???

21ST CENTURY... You will remember... what "GOOD" audio stuff sounds like :blah:!!

Or maybe... I just got nothing else to do?

Nahhhhhhh :rflmao:

I was pretty amazed to be honest. Couldn't believe someone would donate something like that. Then I expected hardware to be missing or a piece of glass cracked.

The glass definitely shouldn't be cracked, it's a freaking 1/2" thick!!

They (the people managing or reps in the thrift) do not seem to care much about labeling nor describing the article they are displaying :dunno:.. if too much trouble.

Case in point: Recently at a G-Will location, I frequent about two times a month, the manager sold me an item he said, "does not work" or is damaged. I like to pick the speakers and salvaged a vintage JBL TLX 151. The cabinet was in great condition and two of the drivers need re-foaming..
No problem! One dollar.... and 75 cents ($2 with the donation to job seekers) :bowdown:

This is not the first time this occurred.. I have retrieved (paid small $) for cassette players, amps, and various other recoverable and lightly played audio/video devices.

At the GW Buy the Pound, I once filled my cart with a Bose wave radio, two pairs of PSB Alpha Mini speakers and associated stands, one pair of Infinity bookshelves, an Integra Integrated and it's matching tuner. Plus four unused spools of wire and other cables. Even at the crazy outlet prices I figured I had about $30 in my cart and was thrilled with the prospect. I wheeled up to the cashier and she said "One stereo system, ninety-nine cents".

At the GW Buy the Pound, I once filled my cart with a Bose wave radio, two pairs of PSB Alpha Mini speakers and associated stands, one pair of Infinity bookshelves, an Integra Integrated and it's matching tuner. Plus four unused spools of wire and other cables. Even at the crazy outlet prices I figured I had about $30 in my cart and was thrilled with the prospect. I wheeled up to the cashier and she said "One stereo system, ninety-nine cents".

Outstanding.... :jump:

Great find! It's exciting to see the treasures that people run across at the thrifts. It makes me want to jump into my truck and head for the nearest GW.
car1.gif

Back
Top Bottom