Great Find at Goodwill! Hitachi HMA-8500 MKII

Wow! could not believe it--a matched pair of Hitachi Pre-amp and Amp. Hitachi HMA-8500 MKii and and HCA-8500 Control Amp! Hold on to your hats folks! $25 for the pair! Lamps are out on left VU meter on the Amp, but I have a set of replacements on order. Cosmetically near new! Can't wait to hook this up to my Ohm Walsh II's and crank up some Zep and Beethoven! Anyone have any comments on this amp/pre combo?View attachment 1177765

Very nice, especially the price. :yikes: Please let me know the album you're playing with Led Zeppelin and Beethoven jamming together. I'm betting it's a bootleg.:biggrin:

Wow! could not believe it--a matched pair of Hitachi Pre-amp and Amp. Hitachi HMA-8500 MKii and and HCA-8500 Control Amp! Hold on to your hats folks! $25 for the pair! Lamps are out on left VU meter on the Amp, but I have a set of replacements on order. Cosmetically near new! Can't wait to hook this up to my Ohm Walsh II's and crank up some Zep and Beethoven! Anyone have any comments on this amp/pre combo?View attachment 1177765
Nice amp, I got a set with boxes for $100, from the original owner, amp and pre-amp. sounds very nice

I got a set of HITACHI 8500 MKII amp, pre-amp, cd player and tuner , for $30, amp needs some repair, but I got another set for 100 with boxes from the original owner, this set works, the sound is amazing, crisp, clear and loud, and the unit looks beautiful. never knew Hitachi had such an amazing product,I got them for the large meters and discovered it's sound quality.

When I am reading posts like this I want to cry. In Europe you won't buy a set of the HCA+HMA 8500 for less than 600-700 Euro. I want to move to the states :D
Enjoy it!

the amp gets really hot, don't cover the top, let it get some air movement around it.

Scores are fewer and farther between but they are still out there to be had. Good pic.

Back
Top Bottom