Songs that must be played at top volume to be fully experienced

Since I haven't commented on either thread yet.....I've always listened at volume when possible but the first song that REALLY had me looking for 11 was Lunatic Fringe by Red Ryder. Then Cracker "Low". Mirror in the Bathroom by English Beat comes to mind. Then 23,937 other titles in some form of descending order
A big thumbs up for Lunatic Fringe--I remember cranking that up freshman year of college--and yes, the list is endless.

The volume knob frequently is turned to 11 when I put these on.

Beethoven - "Ode to Joy" movement of The 9th Symphony
Handel "Halleluyah Chorus" from Messiah
Berlioz - 3rd movement from Symphonie Fantastique
Grieg, "In the Hall of the Mountain King" from the Peer Gynt Suite
Holst, "Mars" from The Planets

Plus, I concur with those listing Toccata and Fuge in D minor, Ride of the Valkyries, Also Spoke Zarathustra, 1812 Overture, Fanfare for the Common Man, etc. Not all the head-bangers here do it to rock 'n roll!

Last edited:
A few years ago, I played "Another brick in the wall" by Pink Floyd through 300wpc amp. First time I played anything beyond 3 o'clock on the volume pot. Neighbors came knocking on my door. I really saw my walls and floors moving.

A few years ago, I played "Another brick in the wall" by Pink Floyd through 300wpc amp. First time I played anything beyond 3 o'clock on the volume pot. Neighbors came knocking on my door. I really saw my walls and floors moving.
Played that on my big rig this weekend and I was amazed. I've only heard the squashed fm radio version all these years that really sucks the life right out that cd. Waiting for the worms had one singer sounding like he was singing from beneath my floor and that was something I've never heard my rig do.

Back
Top Bottom