Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Pioneer CT-F700 PIC 1.JPG Pioneer CT-F700 PIC 2.JPG Pioneer CT-F700 PIC 2.JPG Pioneer CT-F700 PIC 3.JPG Pioneer CT-F700 PIC 1.JPG Pioneer CT-F700 PIC 2.JPG Pioneer CT-F700 PIC 3.JPG Lovin' the Pioneer CT-F700 that arrived today. Please reference my thread under Pioneer CT-F555 Issues to see how it all came about. Anyway, I still plan on getting the CT-F555 recording issue fixed down the road. Until then, I can enjoy another vintage beauty. True, it is vintage enough that metal is not compatible with this deck. However, the Maxell UDXL-II sounds pretty darn good on this deck. The Bias Meter/Adjustment option will allow me to tweak the tape types and get the most out of Type II Recordings. The CT-F700 Cassette Deck sitting atop the RT-707 Reel Deck is an awesome combination in the vintage system and 1977/78 "Dream Machines". They are running through a Pioneer SA-6500 II Integrated Amplifier to Polk Monitors. Modest, yes, but it sounds so good! I also received a stock of blank Maxell UDXL II along with some blank Maxell UDXL II Reel Tape off of e-Bay today. I plan on staying in this weekend and enjoy an analog recording marathon. I have yet to record with either, so it is time to dig in and experiment with the Bias / Eq Settings on both these decks so I can get familiar with the best settings to tweak the recordings. As The Cars once sang, "let the good times roll"!

Ok,
Posting another new picture as I received another Cassette Deck. In regards to my thread on having issues with a recently purchased Pioneer CT-F555 "new in the box" that had recording issues, I detailed how it led me to purchasing the Pioneer CT-F700 that I posted pics of last night. I LOVE the CT-F700. The qualify of sound is incredible. I had also contacted the e-bay seller of the CT-F555 that had recording issues. The seller felt bad he sent a unit with a defect (I will get it serviced in my area to get the recording issue fixed), so he made an offer on another deck "new in the box". It is a JVC TD-W7SD. I never had a "dual cassette deck" so this is my first. It has Dolby B, C and HX PRO. It has a auto tape bias process. Long story short, he offered me this "new in box" deck for $100 plus the shipping from Canada to appease me in regards to receiving the bummer CT-F555. End result? The JVC is working fine. the CT-700 is smokin' all these other decks though. The CT-F555 has been dJVC.JPG JVC 2.JPG elegated to being hooked into my 1977 Pioneer SA-6500II "Aux" input as it is a nice play back deck until I get the recording issue fixed. I just dubbed a vinyl album to both the JVC and the CT-F700 at the same time. Love the features of this new JVC. However, the CT-F700 smokes it. I used a Maxell UDXL-II in the JVC and a cheap ole Maxell UR Type I in the Pioneer. The manual Bias setting in the Pioneer facilitates tweaking any tape type. Even with the inferior tape, the 40 year old Pioneer just smoked the new JVC. I need to quit buying cassette decks as they are getting a bit numerous here LOL. The Pioneer RT-707 though is still the king in this system's tape department.

20180309_225631.jpg The Crown SX724. I don't think I have seen any pics of the 700 Series with a counter but have seen many 800 Series with them. Not sure it belongs but glad its there. Man, I sure like it. It really looks smart in the rack I think. I've just had it a couple months so its new to me. Blue says get it Ziska'd. Yes, it needs some attention. Thanks for the info.
~ Jim
20180304_212553.jpg

Last edited:
Well,
Tonight I am listening to my "new" Pioneer CT-F500. Their basic entry level deck in 1978. This one came via e-Bay and was listed as "near mint". I completely agree! It is Mint. It came with the original manual, warranty card and receipt showing it was purchased September 16, 1979. It is flawless. I feared it would need new belts but they appear to be OK at the moment. Replacing the Belts is on the "to do list" as it is still a 40 year old deck. Not bad at all for entry level. No, it doesn't sound like the CT-F700, but very close! I also purchased a 1976 Pioneer CT-F8282 that was restored inside and out including the wooden case. That deck should arrive in a week and I'll post a picture of that baby. I also ordered several audio stands to start spreading these units into other rooms, separate systems. Gosh, @ 57 years old, I love this stuff. It is just as fun as it was the first time around in 1978. Well, maybe even better! Breaking it in with some Eric Johnson "Tones" Cassette Decks.JPG CT-F500.JPG

Recording with my newly arrived on Friday 1976 Pioneer CT-F8282. It sits next to the recently purchased CT-F700 and the RT-707 I bought about 6 months ago. The CT-F500 was also a recent e-bay. Hell, they are all e-bay points of origin such as the CT-F555. The CT-F8282 was a "restored" unit. Wow. The guy did a great job as it looks new on the outside and the inside (he tore it all apart and built it back and cleaned it wire by wire) It is phenomenal. I removed the shrink and bubble wrap to find a unit that even "smelled new" due to the highly professional case rebuild. I am amazed! I love old school vintage units in great shape. The CT-F8282 and the CT-F700 are in a class by themselves. They make a Type II tape sound better than inferior units with Metal Tape. With the pricing found for metal on e-bay, I do preference a deck that can max a type II these days. CT-F8282 #1.JPG CT-F8282 #2.JPG CT-F8282 #3.JPG

DENON DR-M12HR from 1989. A very good two head cassette deck.

denon-dr-m12hr-00a-a_orig.jpg

Nice catch.

Thank you sir. It's not perfect though. Thanks for the crappy packaging job the seller did, the control panel door is way out of alignment and catching on something inside the unit, as well as the dbx function being dead. I can probably fix the door easily as everyone is telling me. Hopefully, the dbx function is nothing more than a loose board or something that I can also repair easily. We shall see.

Other than that, the deck looks mint all the way around and otherwise operates and sounds perfect!

Back
Top Bottom