What's the view like from your listening chair?

My "Listening/Bedroom" is not much to look at. The room is about 12X24. At the foot of my bed I have (thanks to the lovely Mrs. Moore) a comfy leather couch that places me about fifteen feet from the gear. Good seat. Sometimes I have to bring in a backhoe and a firehose to clean the excess gear out, but overall it's a good, comfortable place to lurk on the computer and listen to music.

GeeDeeEmm

Stereo Pictures 001.JPG Stereo Pictures 008.JPG Stereo Pictures 009.JPG

I would be curious as to the results of an A B comparison. Your set-up as is vs your gear in a rectangular, low ceiling, no glass, no wood type of room.

That's going to have to wait until the man cave's built.
I'd bet on the current room sounding much better. Open floor plans and more complex shapes really are beneficial to sound quality, IME. Boxy rooms start out with a big handicap, and need much more treatment effort.

Unfortunately no sitting in this room. :eek:

Sony GX909ES > Sony DVD/CD > B&W Matrix 1

and a few pieces in storage.

Treadmill_Room.jpg

...: Basement
Nice collection! Built a FM-5 myself back in the day.

Question: what arm are you using with the SP-10?

ps: Just got back from enjoying your fair city for the F1 race. Quelle jolie!

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. We skipped P1 on Friday and took a four hour guided tour of the city via bicycle. Weather was perfect. We discovered the ferry and got away from the island on Sunday much quicker and took in dinner at Place Jacques-Cartier. I guess you guys are used to the "Poplar Snow" all around this time of year. :)

Nice collection! Built a FM-5 myself back in the day.

Question: what arm are you using with the SP-10?

ps: Just got back from enjoying your fair city for the F1 race. Quelle jolie!

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. We skipped P1 on Friday and took a four hour guided tour of the city via bicycle. Weather was perfect. We discovered the ferry and got away from the island on Sunday much quicker and took in dinner at Place Jacques-Cartier. I guess you guys are used to the "Poplar Snow" all around this time of year. :)

The table in the basement system is a Garrard 401 and I'm using an SME M2-12R.

The table in the den is my SP10-MK2 and I'm using a Thomas Schick 12".

And yes, we do have a beautiful city with really nice people all-around. The ugly part of our fair city, however, is the construction which seems to be going on forever. And lest we forget, our brutal winters. Aside from this, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

:)

Back
Top Bottom