My Daughters 20th B-day vintage gift(s)

Thank you all for your kind words and advice! I am reporting back to say after a lengthy search, I decided on old school design speakers, the kind produced for her setup back in the day; the Yamaha NS-6490! 8" woofer [subs really weren't a 'thing' back then so that meant a bigger woofer] 3 way design [highly desirable configuration back then as I recall] and white drivers [reminds me of the old Sansui speakers] = classic/vintage aesthetics to fit right in place and I am hoping sounding as I envision them to sound. All I know is the 4" and 5.5 inch and even 6.5 inch "woofers" in todays speakers are designed with subs in mind. As I said earlier, subs really weren't a 'thing' back in the day and I want my daughter to experience how it really sounded back then.

But back on topic, scored a pair from Accessories4Less [having a 10% off sale this month], shipped for under $90. I'm excited to hear them! So, any comments/thoughts about my choice [and yes, price DID play a factor, not to mention there are not many 8" woofer speakers out there] of speakers? Most all reviews I found are all positive.

Back
Top Bottom