What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I lived in Modesto when the song came out. Manteca was home to the Spreckles Sugar processing plant where they extracted sugar from sugar beets. The process produces a horrible stench. The plant was visible from hwy 99 and the smell could be detected, depending on the wind, for miles. The song was dead on the money.
This was 80s.

I remember that sugar

I've had a strong love for music since a young child. My whole family has known it since I was little. I sang in choir my entire youth, play a few instruments and have been into audio gear since as far back as I can remember. I feel my passion has not even started. Music is more to me than the normal music listener. In the 90s (92 to be exact) my folks went off the deep end with their faith and basically purged all music from my lifte. We went to the hills out in Jousha Tree and my Dad took a shot gun and blasted all of our music. That was a life changing experience. Really extreme to do as well. I'll never forget that day. I really got Into classical as it was the only thing I was allowed to listen to. Even CCM was viewed as "ungodly". If It was not sung from our hymn at our local church it was non approved.

Music sparks my memories in time, it's something that was taken from my youth and I had to sneak it ever listen to anything. I'll never grow old of searching for new music. :)

That’s messed up man, All I got to say

I respect the way everything is "centered" . Visually appealing and exactly the way I would approach it. Good eye for detail going here.
My O.C.D. showing through. :thumbsup:
010.jpg

Romantic Warrior
Return to Forever
The RTF LP that got my attention back in1976
CBS Records X698
Regards,
Jim

61Yqc8JuPQL.jpg
I have this LP, Al Di Meola at like 17 years old. Teenage prodigy. But then you add a band like RTF in which all members were masters of their instruments. What an era of music that early 70's jazz influenced progressive space rock. Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White Oh my!

I have this LP, Al Di Meola at like 17 years old. Teenage prodigy. But then you add a band like RTF in which all members were masters of their instruments. What an era of music that early 70's jazz influenced progressive space rock. Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White Oh my!
AL is a cool dude. Have an email thread running with him, but been a while now....6 months or since our last correspondence.

I've had a strong love for music since a young child. My whole family has known it since I was little. I sang in choir my entire youth, play a few instruments and have been into audio gear since as far back as I can remember. I feel my passion has not even started. Music is more to me than the normal music listener. In the 90s (92 to be exact) my folks went off the deep end with their faith and basically purged all music from my lifte. We went to the hills out in Jousha Tree and my Dad took a shot gun and blasted all of our music. That was a life changing experience. Really extreme to do as well. I'll never forget that day. I really got Into classical as it was the only thing I was allowed to listen to. Even CCM was viewed as "ungodly". If It was not sung from our hymn at our local church it was non approved.

Music sparks my memories in time, it's something that was taken from my youth and I had to sneak it ever listen to anything. I'll never grow old of searching for new music. :)
thanks for sharing. Wow, what a story and experience. Your passion shines through for sure. "Normal" people may not understand the passion, but stories like that verge on the border of a "Jim Morrison" Experience, which always leads to something great down the road..................

I’m going through a rough patch at the moment. Can’t be bothered with anything, let alone creative writing, but I’ll say this much. The next bio I present on the Yes thread will be that of Rick Wakeman. Rick is a devout Christian and has no problem telling anyone that. Anyone who attempts to make the Christian message ugly, or who had been exposed to the ugly side, should really make the effort to listen to him. Rock, crazy behaviour and a deep belief in a loving god really can coexist.

Lou, you know my thoughts on this matter. Please don’t think me hypocritical. This is for those who find their faith wavering because of having been exposed to untruth.

For everyone else, listen to Rick and listen to Lou. They are both great people and won’t lead you astray.
Thanks Kevin. Well said.

This brings back a memory. My mother went through a fundamentalist shift in the middle 80’s, and decided to rifle through my albums. A few went missing, and I was mightily pissed. I knew who it was from stories my sister had told me of an earlier religious stint mom had gone through. Me, well I take after folks she may not have known except by story, great aunts, uncles, grandparents. I definitely skipped a generation or two so I was something a little unfamiliar. My neighbor buddy and Audio mentor was a media engineer, he had toys including a big ass bulk eraser. I knew about it and knew what it did. Mom had a huge collection of insipid sparrow recordings on cassette. While she and my mentor were at work, I borrowed the bulk eraser and wiped every cassette clean. It blanked her mind that this could even happen, so much so that nothing was said. I never had my stuff looked thru again.

Can I use that picture? Definitely one of the best! Looks like you used calipers and have everything aligned to within 5/10000th's :thumbsup:
EDIT: Slight rotation clockwise Theta, approximately 1.5 degrees. We'll let it slide, but next time I want Theta to be within 0.5 degrees. :)
Frank's OCD, looking at the label on the 90125 album.
IMG_4019.GIF

Can I use that picture? Definitely one of the best! Looks like you used calipers and have everything aligned to within 5/10000th's :thumbsup:
EDIT: Slight rotation clockwise Theta, approximately 1.5 degrees. We'll let it slide, but next time I want Theta to be within 0.5 degrees. :)
Use it as you wish.
As for the rotation...I agree. My quickie photo tools wouldn't allow for anything better. I get my camera angle thrown off by my desire to not see any reflected light source.

Back
Top Bottom