What Do You Like for Breakfast

I gt up at 4am and just can't eat that early. I have a BIG cup of strong French Roast coffee with lots of sugar and half and half. then I just sit and watch late late night re-runs of old Johnny Carson til 5am.

Weekends I get up at 5:30 or so, have the same coffee. By 7am or so I have some cottage cheese with a little pineapple juice over it.

1cup fat free yogurt
5 saltine crackers
8oz real orange juice

I'm diabetic so watch the carb and sugar intake. The juice is my only sugar of the day although I'm sure I'm getting sugar in veggies and other stuff

I enjoy a nice hot heart-healthy bowl of old fashioned quadrotriticale with a little brown sugar sprinkled over the top and a glass of Tang.

Sometimes it's a crunchy bowl of "Quarry", other times a heaping bowl of "Super Colon Blow" but mostly it's the breakfast of champions, Little Chocolate Donuts.:p

Honestly though it's been grilled egg, ham and cheese sammiches lately, plus coffee, lots of coffeeeee.....
Sometimes if I'm up to it I'll butter one side of the bread and soak the other in the egg. :confused:Sort of a grilled french toast ham and cheese deal.

A quality vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries and a natural granola. I have this at least four or five times a week.

Hey Now,

Almost everyday I make a smoothie for me and my wife:

8 oz. almond milk
4 oz. coconut water
2 T Bragg apple cider vinegar
1 T heaping rice protein powder
1 T level Super Green Food
1 T heaping ground hemp and flax seed
1 T heaping raw pumpkin seeds
1 T heaping raw walnut pieces
1 T coconut butter (not oil)
1T raw almond butter
1/2 whole lemon, rind and all
1/2 avocado
2 oz. kale
8 oz. frozen blueberries

Holds us most of the day. I eat 1 oz. of raw almonds with my portion of the smoothie.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Wow, I can't believe y'all make your breakfast. No time around here. 4 out of five days its a chicken burrito at the local taco truck. If not that, it's 4 BK ham croisanwiches. Three for me and one for the dog. Or two whoppers and some nuggets for the dog. Or I just skip breakfast and eat around 4 or so when I get a chance. However, every day starts with a Mt. Dew or orange Kickstart. Regular breakfast food upsets my stomach.

In the summer my breaksfasts drop off to near zero and I don't eat until 1PM or later.

In the cold weather, bacon, English muffin or crumpet, jam or marmalade, blueberries, blackberries, or other fruit, lots of coffee. On the weekends, waffles.

Wow, I can't believe y'all make your breakfast. No time around here. 4 out of five days its a chicken burrito at the local taco truck. If not that, it's 4 BK ham croisanwiches. Three for me and one for the dog. Or two whoppers and some nuggets for the dog. Or I just skip breakfast and eat around 4 or so when I get a chance. However, every day starts with a Mt. Dew or orange Kickstart. Regular breakfast food upsets my stomach.

'Regular' breakfast food upsets your stomach, but you can eat 2 Whoppers and a Mountain Dew for breakfast and it doesn't bother you? :idea:

I mean I'm glad for you but...sumpin' wrong wit dat. :rflmao:

I work 4 to midnight, so I have no excuse not to eat breakfast.

Most of the time I'll have the toast and coffee (see below) but
the couple days a week that I "make breakfast" this is what I go for:

A 3-egg omelet, chunky salsa as the filler, with 1-1/2 slices American cheese.
Two slices buttered wheat toast with cinnamon & sugar

Glass of 50/50 apple juice and water, and cup of coffee.

Quick and easy.

I am not a breakfast fan--I can't usually stand the smell or taste of food until I've been up a few hours. I prefer an early lunch (usually one of my salad creations).

On a road trip, though, I try to at least get a few things from the hotel's free breakfast pickings. I avoid most carbs so I don't fall asleep on the road. But I'll take some yogurt, maybe a protein if they have it (except for bacon...ugh, don't like belching grease up all day long), and some sort of fruit juice.

One treat I make at home a few times per year--pancakes. Not out of a box, but made up fresh. I add some vanilla and cinnamon to the batter, and use the really good butter on them. (Tillamook butter, this time around.) Alas, I have to use the sugar-free syrup; otherwise I'd use maple syrup on these. Also, maybe once or twice a year I'll make a frittata; have to use Egg Beaters, though. Eggs are too rich.

Most days, it's pretty simple. A cup of strong coffee, some fruit and maybe some homemade muesli or eggs and buttered toast with guava jam or strawberry preserves or orange marmalade.

Portuguese or apple chicken garlic sausage. Not much into bacon, anymore, but I like spam and grits. I like pancakes! With crushed macadamia nuts and coconut syrup. Throws some sliced papaya, mango and a banana on the side. Sometimes I crave a bagel with cream cheese and lox with onions, tomatoes and capers. Did I mention donuts? Any kind of donuts and more coffee. Maybe a glass of milk and or juice...

Plain Oatmeal.

Great for your heart
And then there's...
Spam sliced thin cooked in iron pan until crispy, then scrambled eggs cooked in butter in iron pan, then HashBrown potatoes cooked in butter in iron pan, and Biscuits and Pioneer Peppered White Gravy !.
Or Just go to Elias Brother's BIG BOY Breakfast Bar Crispy Bacon scrambled eggs with HashBrown potatoes and the Best White Peppered Gravy ( no sausage gravy ) & biscuits !

Back
Top Bottom