Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

index.php

Only thing I'd do different is fry the meatloaf brown and crispy ... mmmmm ...

Chicken Mole

First, fresh corn tortilla chips with homemade salsa (pasilla and California chilies (aged to rich red coloration), dried negro chilies, sliced garlic, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, a real variety of heirloom and home-grown tomatoes, chopped cilantro, Chopped shallots & red onions, cumin seeds, ground coriander, and powder from dehydrated arbol and Thai chilies,

Next, slices of avocado, dusted with sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes), and toasted and crushed sesame seeds.

Next, medium-grain rice and warm, fresh corn tortillas.

Finally, chicken thigh meat, dusted with sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper and sauteed to a golden state, then braised in orange juice and chicken broth, and served with a black Mexican mole, cilantro, and table cream (sour cream and half-&-half). The mole sauce: the orange juice/chicken broth braising liquid, sliced onions, sliced almonds, sliced garlic cloves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dried pasilla chilies, dried negro chilies, Mexican raisins, shaved strips of orange zest, Mexican oregano, and Mexican chocolate (has sugar and cinnamon). All of this is simmered together, then pureed smooth.

All of this was washed down with some ice-cold Fat Tire.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Holy Mole! That looks good.

At first, as a native Californian, I was puzzled what a "California Chile" is. Oh, the same thing as an Anaheim Chile, I think. I like to toss fresh green ones on the grill after BBQ and use them for tacos or quesadillas.

Chicken Mole

First, fresh corn tortilla chips with homemade salsa (pasilla and California chilies (aged to rich red coloration), dried negro chilies, sliced garlic, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, a real variety of heirloom and home-grown tomatoes, chopped cilantro, Chopped shallots & red onions, cumin seeds, ground coriander, and powder from dehydrated arbol and Thai chilies,

Next, slices of avocado, dusted with sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes), and toasted and crushed sesame seeds.

Next, medium-grain rice and warm, fresh corn tortillas.

Finally, chicken thigh meat, dusted with sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper and sauteed to a golden state, then braised in orange juice and chicken broth, and served with a black Mexican mole, cilantro, and table cream (sour cream and half-&-half). The mole sauce: the orange juice/chicken broth braising liquid, sliced onions, sliced almonds, sliced garlic cloves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dried pasilla chilies, dried negro chilies, Mexican raisins, shaved strips of orange zest, Mexican oregano, and Mexican chocolate (has sugar and cinnamon). All of this is simmered together, then pureed smooth.

All of this was washed down with some ice-cold Fat Tire.

View attachment 1209260

View attachment 1209261

Enjoy,
Rich P
You sure knock out some tasty looking dishes there Rich!

I make bagels a couple times a month, my co chef usually requests colors (gel food colouring, not the jello boxes ;) )

20180303_bagel1.jpg

20180303_bagel2.jpg

20180303_bagel3.jpg

20180303_bagel4.jpg
Little cutie pie has daddy wrapped'a-round her finger :) Great thing about girls is even when the grow up, like my girl who is 24 now, I always call here baby girl and she still calls me daddy. Sometimes she is extra cute and calls me DaDa!

Little cutie pie has daddy wrapped'a-round her finger :) Great thing about girls is even when the grow up, like my girl who is 24 now, I always call here baby girl and she still calls me daddy. Sometimes she is extra cute and calls me DaDa!

I hope so... she is my little shadow, calls me Papa.

More food...

My Birthday dinner to myself back in March. Chicken Parm with Rigatoni Alfredo (with some of the tomato sauce from the chicken pan added to it)
20180318_Birthday_meal.jpg

And my wife's birthday meal choice from a couple weeks back...
Sausage, Peppers, & Perogi in an Asiago sauce.
20180529_sausage-perogi.jpg

Twisted Urad Dal

I had a large breakfast, so did not feel like a heavy dinner. So, I started with a nice Punjabi recipe and twisted it slghlty, adding meat to make it a meal on its own. I also added a bit more interest, by adding an additional spice (fenugreek leaves) which raised the flavor up a notch.

Twisted Urad Dal: split urad dal (black gram), ground beef, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, minced garlic, minced ginger, chopped tomato, garam masala (a ubiquitous Indian spice combination), ground turmeric, sea salt, fenugreek leaves, fresh cilantro, and sugar. This was served with plain naan (an Indian flatbread), slathered with melted butter and lightly dusted with sea salt.

This was a kind of experiment, and I will definitely be doing it again.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Zoom.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Sorry to hang over your shoulder but: Potato pierogi? What kind of sausage?
This curious bystander wants to know. Looks good, I want some!

Package of Johnsonville sweet Italian sausage, box of Mrs T's potato & cheddar pierogi, one bell pepper... Sausage and pepper in pan until close to cooked... add perogies... move it all around until they are a bit browned on each side. Slide the whole mess onto a platter, add some butter & flour to pan... until it is a bubbling paste, add a cup or 2 of whole milk and stir until it starts to thicken. Add about a cup of finely grated Asiago cheese, slice sausage and combine all back together in the pan.

I'm actually making that again tonight :)

[edit] in the picture... I grilled the sausage[/edit]

Thanks JH. Will have to give this one a try.
One thing, I prefer my Mrs T's pre-boiled for a minute or two before frying. However I found a shortcut.
Placing the pierogi in a covered pan with a bit of water to steam them does the trick nicely.
I'm thinking I'd get the same results by putting them in with the sausage and peppers under cover for a few minutes before browning them.

That would definitely work... I am known to splash water and cover them to speed the cooking with steam. Helps the peppers soften up too.

If I am making them as a side dish I boil first.

Stacking bails of hay all day, like big huge rolls of hay not hardware store bails. Girlfriend text me that lunch is ready. I was so happy to sit down to this, it’s the little things. I’m in a tractor with A/C and a stereo so I don’t want to come off as I’m out doing serious manual labor, although it is monotonous.
E63B73E9-D28D-4585-835D-DADA7AE330DE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom