AK Subscriber
Subscriber
No affiliation, sale has started.

https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Colts-Neck/07722/1894362
1.jpg
1.jpg
1.jpg
1-t.jpg

I lived in Colts Neck as a child. It is next to Homdel where AT&T Bell Labs was located. Bells Labs created the future - that we now enjoy as the present (computing communications .....). This home is most likely one of their former employees.

My aunt was a Bell Labs employee and she worked on the picture phone, cell tower (the first), the first 911 system (many other projects). And, she actually invented the modern office phone system (central pbx, phones with voice mail [and all the other features]). I have a copy of her patent. When she retired from Bell Labs she was THE expert in analog electronics for communications (PBX mix analog and digital electronics).

She died two years ago and I was the executor to her estate. When she left AT&T she shed her past; sold her belongings; bought an RV and hit the road. She eventually settled in AZ and left the bulk of her estate to educate native american children.

Cool, your aunt sounds like an interesting lady! I have to say that sale above has the biggest investment of fairly modern test gear I have seen in a home.

Back
Top Bottom