Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

I went a bit buy crazy last weekend but picked up two excellent condition reel to reel decks.

Bought an Akai 280D-SS Quad Reel to Reel / Pioneer QX-800A Quad Receiver and Pioneer SR-2022 reverb amp from the original owner. All at in mint condition. Only thing needed was a tiny bit of deoxit and the heads cleaned and sounds awesome. I paid up for these since they appears to be in excellent condition, which turned out to be a fact. Love owners that take care of their gear!

Then also bought a Pioneer RT-707 that was too good deal to pass up on. The guy had started building a pioneer rack collection and figure out it was going to cost him too much to continue to build it. After a little elbow grease, this deck turned out to be in excellent condition also, was just dirty.

fullsizeoutput_221a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2225.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2221.jpeg

Last edited:
p2931830008-5.jpg

Picked up another one at good will for $9 Sankyo STD 2000. Needs new belts and some adjustment as the cassette loads, FF and REW, but the play and record button won't move.
I have manual for it must be some sort of adjustment needed internally when the tape is inserted.

DSC_1295.JPG DSC_1296.JPG

I'm just a sucker for the large VU meters. Just couldnt walk away. Especially if price was right. ;)
And while pretty simple and not hugely respected - both of these decks play very well. Dont know how well they record - I dont do recording usually anyway. But their sound really did surprise me - much better than I expected:

R0010329.jpg

Back
Top Bottom