index.php

Attachments

• 012860CF-9517-4385-985A-AAEC23A16115.jpeg
    012860CF-9517-4385-985A-AAEC23A16115.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 46
  • EBB367FD-AE68-4B8D-809F-E1AD4363B782.jpeg
    EBB367FD-AE68-4B8D-809F-E1AD4363B782.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 44
Yes, I believe they’re available everywhere as far as I know....got mine from Music Direct (Chicago) @ 20% off.

Hysteria is a double LP, so 3 tracks on each side. The rest are single lp’s. Actually, Live @ L.A. Forum is two lp’s as well. So far, really enjoying it!

Yes, I believe they’re available everywhere as far as I know....got mine from Music Direct (Chicago) @ 20% off.

Hysteria is a double LP, so 3 tracks on each side. The rest are single lp’s. Actually, Live @ L.A. Forum is two lp’s as well. So far, really enjoying it!

Thanks for the info! Can't wait to eventually pick this up (if it's still available around the holidays; money is tight now because we just bought a new 65" 4K TV). So glad that Hysteria was separated into two LPs, because that was a big problem with the original release (which I own); too much music for one slab of vinyl. Is the sound quality on that improved from previous versions?

I ask because I've been burned with this "separating LPs for maximum fidelity" thing before; I purchased Sony/Legacy's Journey's Greatest Hits reissue, which was separated onto two LPs to fix the problem with the original vinyl release, and it doesn't sound much better (mastering was way too hot, as if a digital source was used).

I agree, but you know what? My original pressing still sounds fanstastic, and I still think the original Pyromania masterdisk lp sounds better than the new remaster. The guitars have a little more spacial airiness, midrange punch and top end bite overall. The new mix is a little polite for my taste. The guitars on the new mix are sitting behind the vocals a little more. Still though, it does sound excellent cranked up on the 2325!

I forgot how good Pyromania was! It’s been years since I’ve heard it from start to finish. Those guitars though...Phil, Steve and Pete really nailed their performances on Pyro...and the writing and production are excellent!

You won’t be disappointed when you get this, and a book comes with it...lots of photos from the early days and album info and storylines regarding each recording with Mutt Lange.

I agree, but you know what? My original pressing still sounds fanstastic, and I still think the original Pyromania masterdisk lp sounds better than the new remaster. The guitars have a little more spacial airiness, midrange punch and top end bite overall. The new mix is a little polite for my taste. The guitars on the new mix are sitting behind the vocals a little more. Still though, it does sound excellent cranked up on the 2325!

My FAVORITE Def Leppard album, and what got me hooked on the band when it first came out (I think it was towards the end of elementary school, if you can believe that one; THAT'S how long I've been collecting LPs and 45s!). I have an original Mercury/PolyGram U.S. pressing of Pyromania, but it's beat to hell from playing on shitty record players and not really caring about how I handled LPs back then; skips galore and just overall kinda shoddy sound. My On Through the Night and High n Dry originals sound better in this regard (though shitty in the inner grooves).

I would love to hear deluxe "audiophile" versions of this album, such as the Masterdisk and the gold CDs, but never got my hands on them; I'm hoping the 180-gram reissue in this box set you were playing makes up for not being able to experience those audiophile-esque releases. As it stands, I do own both the Vault and Rock of Ages CD collections of their hits, the Rock of Ages two-disc set in particular sounding very, very good as every track was remastered...still, there's nothing like having these original albums in their track order glory like we remember playing them. The track sequencing on the Rock of Ages compilation is all over the place and really makes no sense; it goes from "Pour Some Sugar On Me" to "Photograph," and then bounces around throughout the band's catalog with no logical pattern.

I forgot how good Pyromania was! It’s been years since I’ve heard it from start to finish. Those guitars though...Phil, Steve and Pete really nailed their performances on Pyro...and the writing and production are excellent!

They were at their absolute PEAK on this album, no doubt; some of the best rock to ever come out of the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) resides on Pyromania. These boys from Sheffield were the real deal.

You won’t be disappointed when you get this, and a book comes with it...lots of photos from the early days and album info and storylines regarding each recording with Mutt Lange.

Awesome; like I said, I hope it's still in circulation by the time the holidays arrive...my wife (who's also a massive Lep fan) and I wanted to get it as a sort of gift to each other this year.

Back
Top Bottom