Pics of your listening space

Pretty cool! I was interested in them, but am doing something more "traditional" on my current build.

20180630_093008_zpse8aeplef.jpg

I am retired, fixed budget and finishing up on our 3500 sq. ft. house build, my build, I have done everything except the ceiling drywall and AC. This little speaker build is to keep my mind happy and they have a place perfect for them.

Kind of reminiscent of the old JBL 250Ti.

Yes, the JBL 250 was the inspiration, but I took some liberties with the dimensions and shape and components.

The wife and I have been working all day to get the "listening room" in good enough shape for a pic. The house is still in construction phase and it may not happen today. It is always at night when we go up there, had no idea how bad the dust was.

We did not finish, but you get the idea. The gear is a pair of Genesis 1's, driven by a Sonance 260x3 and fed by an Outlaw Audio 950 pre-amp, CD is supplied by a Sony Blue Ray player but fed into the pre-amp by a cheap tube pre-amp that has blue tooth, it is what I stream to as well as play FLAC and WAV files from a dedicated PC. Next week I have another Sonance amp coming, a 275x3 so I can bi-amp the upcoming build speakers. There is also my old JVC Super A receiver that goes to the Sansui SF-2's. Behind the TV is my old JL Audio 12" in a small box, it used to reside in my E38 but does excellent as low bass fill for the Genesis.

The upstairs family room is 20x40, but the ends by the eaves are only 4', I needed the windows for light so I did not block that section off. The unfinished door to the right goes to a 6x35' side attic, there is a matching one on the other end. The actual space used is 20x20.

20180701_203453_zps1ymeernx.jpg

Obviously there are no sound treatments other than the massive sofa. A few area rugs will be added once construction is done. The left side will have floor to ceiling book shelves covering the entire 40' length.

20180701_203527_zpsn6ln9sbq.jpg

The old Genesis 1's sitting on top of some old Sansui SF-2's that I plan on redesigning.

20180701_203545_zpsdyday39d.jpg

The whole listening room was designed to be spun 90 degrees, but the funky ceiling caused some resonance issues.

We did not finish, but you get the idea. The gear is a pair of Genesis 1's, driven by a Sonance 260x3 and fed by an Outlaw Audio 950 pre-amp, CD is supplied by a Sony Blue Ray player but fed into the pre-amp by a cheap tube pre-amp that has blue tooth, it is what I stream to as well as play FLAC and WAV files from a dedicated PC. Next week I have another Sonance amp coming, a 275x3 so I can bi-amp the upcoming build speakers. There is also my old JVC Super A receiver that goes to the Sansui SF-2's. Behind the TV is my old JL Audio 12" in a small box, it used to reside in my E38 but does excellent as low bass fill for the Genesis.

The upstairs family room is 20x40, but the ends by the eaves are only 4', I needed the windows for light so I did not block that section off. The unfinished door to the right goes to a 6x35' side attic, there is a matching one on the other end. The actual space used is 20x20.

20180701_203453_zps1ymeernx.jpg

Obviously there are no sound treatments other than the massive sofa. A few area rugs will be added once construction is done. The left side will have floor to ceiling book shelves covering the entire 40' length.

20180701_203527_zpsn6ln9sbq.jpg

The old Genesis 1's sitting on top of some old Sansui SF-2's that I plan on redesigning.

20180701_203545_zpsdyday39d.jpg

The whole listening room was designed to be spun 90 degrees, but the funky ceiling caused some resonance issues.

Wow, that does look like an interesting space to try and get good acoustics in. Nice set up.

New house, some new gear!

If you mount that TV on the wall it looks like you could put the Mac pieces on the main cabinet and get rid of that side table on the left. Should give you a little more freedom with speaker positioning too. But you probably know that....

My listening space doubles as a living room. It consists of
- Sansui QRX 7001 playing in 4-channel in one axis, with panel B&O speakers: a pair of Beovox P45 for the front channels and a pair of Beovox P30 for the back channel
- Sansui G-301 playing in stereo into the Bevox P50's on original stands
- Sansui SR-636 turntable with a Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge

Still on my list: a good modern CD network player with a decent DAC.

Here is my little saw shop system. I just am in the process of putting this shop together so is still quite a mess. I got these 8" woofer JBL LSR 308's on Amazon recently for $150 each and damn they sound good in this space which is only 12' by 20'. They are self amplified so no need to have a place for the amp, and the source is an extra Samsung phone with a 200GB microSD card and lossless music files which play through a FiiO Q1 DAC. Eventually I am going to get a Ethernet cable out there and play from my NAS drive using an extra laptop and Schiit DAC but in the mean time I am quite pleased with this $300 system as it is!

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom