What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

OK, I am back from my run to check out some gear that was posted in local ads. While I check out the items, I am playing...

Joe Bonamassa, The Ballad of John Henry

View attachment 1230330 View attachment 1230331

I was interested in the Pioneer PD-TM1 CD changer, which has 3 slots for 6-disc magazines. I already have a 6x1, and lots of mags, so 6x3 would be a nice upgrade.

View attachment 1230333

Question is, where do I put Rush studio album #19?

I never knew they made these until seeing a hammered one in a thrift recently. The 100+ carousels that came later seem more efficient, but I like these.

Anyway, he insisted I take the whole load:

View attachment 1230334 View attachment 1230335

There was a pair of Cerwin-Vega AT-12s, a Pioneer VSX-9700S receiver, a Sony DVP-NS57P DVD player, and 5 magazines. It all looks new except for foam rot on one woofer. I will look into refoaming these. The dome tweeters might be smoother than the horns often seen in C-Vs. I would like to hear them.

$30 for all. The magazines alone are worth that. I am having second thoughts about unloading the receiver. It has 5 preout/main-in jacks. Maybe it would upgrade the wife's system, or I could even try using it as a preamp.

It's interesting to see what music people like. Here's a magazine label.

View attachment 1230338

Anyway, a good day for this audio scavenger! :rockon:

Woweee!!! Nice haul!:thumbsup: That disc changer is neat!

Wow I was sure this was a mistake. The roll on the surround(EPI) looks a little flat like it it's not deep enough but I'm just guessing. The difference in sound from my foam sets and the one with rubber may just be that the rubber is stiffer.

Could still be a mistake too. Cizek Model 1 was the only speaker I have ever seen that on though.
Still the EPI M100 is a very fine speaker. :music:

Back
Top Bottom