What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

One more post of some pics. This is a panoramic view off my back porch. No, the garden is not mine. A man in his 70's tends it daily. He impresses me to be sure. The Pics pan from left to right , then to the side of my place that sits right along the Clinch Valley River. The last 2 pics are the area by the river that families come to every day to do some fishin'!
Yes, that is an active grape vine and it is bursting with grapes. Can't wait until the appropriate time to pick some again this year. .................. Yup, that is also a chicken coup out there and they get the eggs daily. I get up @ 05:30AM and sometimes wake the roosters.

View attachment 1230104 View attachment 1230105 View attachment 1230106 View attachment 1230107 View attachment 1230108 View attachment 1230109

Very pretty country in SW VA....great looking garden as well!

IMG_20180708_143230.jpg

I have never listened to vocalists like Tony Bennett in the past, but one day driving to work I heard Don’t Get Around Much Anymore duet by Tony Bennett and Michael Buble’ and was very impressed. Didn’t know who was singing at first, but tracked it down on YouTube later.

I need to expand my horizons and check out his other work such as this one. I haven’t bought anything yet, but he is on my watch list for used albums.

Dusty Ol'Man recently asked me about the Route 460 in my area. I travel this four lane daily for an hour (each way) commute to my job. It is wide open no traffic. However, I will be at this job now a year come Sept 1. I will more than likely look into making a move from my current Richlands location to the Bluefield VA area that I work to cut down this drive. It is a nice drive though. I will post a pic someday from my iphone. Until then, I found several google pics of the bluefield area. Sure, I would love to buy this home, but probably NOT! LOL. It does show the seclusion and beauty of these mountains.

This place is literally 5 miles from my current home........ The big wheel turning in the Clinch Valley River. This building is completely restored.

Normal fall day around these parts.................

Is that house located in the Bluefield area? If so, it may have belonged to Bob Denver (Gillian’s Island).....I know he lived there for a period of time...

Beautiful. I have yet to make Richmond, but do know someone else there. I want to do an east coast ride and am always looking for routes that keep me off the interstate as much as possible. I'll let you and several others know when I'm in the area.

Edit: I see Richlands is different than Richmond. If I'm anywhere in VA it isn't much of a side trip.

Dusty...if you are looking for phenomenal scenery, take a shot at Route 311 in VA/WV....My hunting cabin is nearby and I get to see this area in the fall. Jaw-dropping!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Route_311_(Virginia–West_Virginia)

I have never listened to vocalists like Tony Bennett in the past, but one day driving to work I heard Don’t Get Around Much Anymore duet by Tony Bennett and Michael Buble’ and was very impressed. Didn’t know who was singing at first, but tracked it down on YouTube later.

I need to expand my horizons and check out his other work such as this one. I haven’t bought anything yet, but he is on my watch list for used albums.
This was his first studio album. Like any musician who's been around forever, he's had some snoozers. I happen to like his work with Bill Evans, and his duets with various singers can be pretty great, especially with Amy Winehouse.

Xray, are you sure about that? The pics I see online of the Model One look like there is no gasket, although it's hard to tell from the low res pics I found. Front-mounted woofers don't need gaskets, although a lot of older designs used woofers with gaskets simply because that's how they were supplied from the vendor that made them. In that case, the only effect of the gasket was to look ugly.

View attachment 1230456 View attachment 1230457

Unless mine are victims of a botch repair job years ago. It’s very possible. I’ve seen some very odd things done to speakers. It’s hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom