Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I've had a bunch of the Sony receivers from the sixties and seventies, like the STR 6060, 6120, 6055, 6045, 6800, etc. but I've never owned an ES. So, even though this isn't one of the elite ES receivers like this for example, I snagged it a couple of days ago. It's an STR- GX69ES, made in the early 90's when everybody was transitioning to AV receivers (it has a video input and surround sound, which I've turned off). It's heavy and seems to be pretty well built and puts out a legit 100 wpc. Phono input, like everything else on the receiver, sounds good. This would be something somebody could built a nice budget stereo system around, especially if they have inefficient speakers and need plenty of power.

SonyES1.jpg

I picked up this 6065 a few months back, and have been enjoying it ever since. I find myself listening to this more than my SX-1010 or my 9090db. These are under rated units.

index.php

Last edited:
IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0254.JPG So I finally finished my system. I think . The missing piece was the TA E80ES which I was able to buy from a guy in Germany. He did a great job packing. Thanks Rene!
Anyways, here is it. Mostly Sony equipment, technics SP10MKII, Krell KSA 300S and a pair of Refurbished Infinity Kappa 9s.
Patience pays off...:bigok:

Last edited:
The APM-22ES's woofers have rubber surrounds and so should not need replacement with proper care.

One warning given that you are driving them with a powerful amplifier - because of a design problem that Sony encountered with the APM-22ES woofer at the higher frequencies in it's theoretical range the crossover point to the tweeter is lower than was originally intended which makes the tweeter vulnerable to burnout at higher volume levels and in fact the square tweeters are notorious for early demise. Shortly after I acquired my pair and being aware of the potential problem I also sourced a spare pair of tweeters for just in case but so far as I am driving them comfortably with a Denon UDRA-M10 mini-receiver @40WPC they have not been needed. Sony later replaced the original flat square tweeter with a conventional dome to eliminate the problem.

I noticed that you owned a Denon UDRA-M10 mni-receiver. I just bought one off of Ebay and I have figured out how to set the clock and how to assign preset numbers to each station that I want to recall later. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to recall any of these stations that I have preset.
I was hoping you might be able to tell me what the trick is to recall these stations that I have preset.
Thanks

I noticed that you own a Denon UDRA-M10 mini-receiver. I just bought one off of Ebay
I figured out how to set the clock and how to assign preset numbers to each station that I want to recall later.
But for the life of me I can't figure out how to recall any of these stations that I have preset.
I was hoping you might be able to tell me what the trick is to recall these stations that I have preset. I'm thinking maybe you need the remote to recall the preset stations so I just bought one on Ebay and hopefully that will allow me to recall the stations that I have preset.
Thanks

Last edited:
I noticed that you own a Denon UDRA-M10 mini-receiver. I just bought one off of Ebay
I figured out how to set the clock and how to assign preset numbers to each station that I want to recall later.
But for the life of me I can't figure out how to recall any of these stations that I have preset.
I was hoping you might be able to tell me what the trick is to recall these stations that I have preset. I'm thinking maybe you need the remote to recall the preset stations so I just bought one on Ebay and hopefully that will allow me to recall the stations that I have preset.
By the way I did find a very nice review on the Denon UDRA-M10 mini-receiver here:
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Denon+D-M10+Personal+Component+System.-a076996078

So I finally finished my system. I think . The missing piece was the TA E80ES which I was able to buy from a guy in Germany. He did a great job packing. Thanks Rene!
Anyways, here is it. Mostly Sony equipment, technics SP10MKII, Krell KSA 300S and a pair of Refurbished Infinity Kappa 9s.
Patience pays off...:bigok:

That is some state of the art equipment you have there. Very nice.

Hey
Here's a picture of my new purchase. STC- 7000.
20180920_104148.jpg
It looks/sounds really pretty good. It needed a little exercise on the knobs/switches and such.
The only real gripe is the tobacco stench. The seller did mention it but said the was minor.
It needs a good cleaning,fm alignment, phono hums but that could be something in my setup. But for now I'm liking it.
With just a little Sony 6030 amp.
15374664396005163424525675618626.jpg
Eric

Last edited:
Nice. Always thought the STC-7000 would be an excellent match to the TA-3200F. The TA-2000F simply has too many wires/solder joints (something just less than a bizillion is my guess). If you can talk Terry DeWick into aligning/recapping your STC-7000, he does superlative work and is a big fan of vintage Sony gear.

If Kc in your 'screen name' means KS City and you can find Echowars (Glenn McDonald) then you would only need Terry for a tuner, as Glenn doesn't work on them.

Hey
Yep, kc. Is for Kansas City metro area. (Shawnee,Kansas)
I'm by no means in the know but think Echo wars has slowed or stopped taking work on.
I have a pretty good tech here in kc. ( Brian at Audiomart)
So I'll probably take down there after I exercise it for awhile.
The tuner definitely needs some attention .Eric

Back
Top Bottom