Pics of your listening space

Whole new layout...

p2969481871-5.jpg
Looking good!! How are the drivers sounding these days?

Glad to hear that!! LOL!!! JK!!!

In all honesty, when all of the drivers are running, they sound great! I have zero complaints at all with these OB's. They're definitely the best DIY setup I've built so far, and I STILL have the other six woofers and new permanent baffles to build.

We did not finish, but you get the idea. The gear is a pair of Genesis 1's, driven by a Sonance 260x3 and fed by an Outlaw Audio 950 pre-amp, CD is supplied by a Sony Blue Ray player but fed into the pre-amp by a cheap tube pre-amp that has blue tooth, it is what I stream to as well as play FLAC and WAV files from a dedicated PC. Next week I have another Sonance amp coming, a 275x3 so I can bi-amp the upcoming build speakers. There is also my old JVC Super A receiver that goes to the Sansui SF-2's. Behind the TV is my old JL Audio 12" in a small box, it used to reside in my E38 but does excellent as low bass fill for the Genesis.

The upstairs family room is 20x40, but the ends by the eaves are only 4', I needed the windows for light so I did not block that section off. The unfinished door to the right goes to a 6x35' side attic, there is a matching one on the other end. The actual space used is 20x20.

20180701_203453_zps1ymeernx.jpg

Obviously there are no sound treatments other than the massive sofa. A few area rugs will be added once construction is done. The left side will have floor to ceiling book shelves covering the entire 40' length.

20180701_203527_zpsn6ln9sbq.jpg

The old Genesis 1's sitting on top of some old Sansui SF-2's that I plan on redesigning.

20180701_203545_zpsdyday39d.jpg

The whole listening room was designed to be spun 90 degrees, but the funky ceiling caused some resonance issues.

Your listening room seems to be Ideal for acoustics...i have a pair of OHM model I that would be great with that angle ceiling ...

Your listening room seems to be Ideal for acoustics...i have a pair of OHM model I that would be great with that angle ceiling ...

It tends to act like a megaphone, I actually like it. My wive and find ourselves up here almost every evening, playing a variety of music. I just wish I had imagined it set up like this instead of how it was originally imagined. I would habe done things a little different, eecially the lights, which were set up to be behind the sofa and shining from behind.

It tends to act like a megaphone, I actually like it. My wive and find ourselves up here almost every evening, playing a variety of music. I just wish I had imagined it set up like this instead of how it was originally imagined. I would habe done things a little different, eecially the lights, which were set up to be behind the sofa and shining from behind.
I was explaining to my wife why your room was what I'd like to have because of the Horn megaphone shape like the old Symphony Theater house's...

This is the only room in the 3500 sq ft. that presents the full roofline. The upstairs was an after thought, or a happy accident as Toni says. It could not have worked out better.

Looks great.
Is you is or is you ain't running the dual JL subs with those OBs?

I'm not. They're sitting in the closet collecting dust.

Surprisingly, these OB's don't need much help as is. And they're only going to get better once I finish them with a total of eight of those 12" woofers. I have everything I need driver wise. I just need to get the wood and build the darn things.

Back
Top Bottom