AR - 2a speaker help

maclvrbr

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
recemt;y acquired however the tweet has no sound. I tried to OHM out the 2 wires from the voicecoil and it was open. I am trying to remove the tweeter and have taken the large 6 screws out however I cannot remove it any ideas?

pull the woofer, maybe you can push out the tweeter from behind.
btw, the three inner screws hold the faceplate to the magnet

AR used some gummy putty type material to seal the drivers as a gasket. It can hold onto the drivers pretty firmly. You need to pry some of it out from the edges and try to get something in there to help pry it lose. Be careful not to damage the wood at the edge on the baffle around it of course. If the woofer comes out easier, as RxDx says, go in there to push from underneath. it will eventually give.

If you haven't got the drivers out yet, how did you test it?

Yeah, sometimes that goo really holds on. Use a heat-gun to gently warm the tweeter. Within a few moments itll pop right out.

Biggles

make sure the heat isn't directly applied to the dome itself. but yes, what he said.

Gently and carefully is the way. It doesn't take much though. I recently had an AR3 cabinet that I needed to get the tweeter out of. Man, I pried with strength, precision, angled picks, a putty knife and a chisel. No dice. The heat-gun got it off within a minute, pop!

Biggles

Back
Top Bottom