What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

@Delmarva

Sorry, Frank. I missed your question about Chrysler's activity in the UK. The company took over existing brand names in Europe. The Rootes Group in the UK and Simca in France being a couple of examples. The Chrysler name wasn't used much, but this Franco-Spanish vehicle is an exception. The Chrysler 180/2 litre:

serveimage.jpeg

In the main, the company carried on using the existing names, Hillman, Sunbeam and Talbot in the UK:

serveimage-5.jpeg

serveimage-1.jpeg

serveimage-4.jpeg

and Simca in France.

serveimage-2.jpeg

The Matra name was also resurrected for this vehicle. Matra-Simca Bagheera. Not sure how this one managed to end up with right hand steering. The car was only offered with left hand steering, due to being a three seater with a dual passenger seat and an asymmetric cabin layout. There must have been some extensive work done to accomplish the conversion.

serveimage-3.jpeg

By the way, as far as I'm aware. Highway Hifi never appeared in a European Chrysler, although it wasn't unknown by those who imported American models. I seem to remember one of the Beatles having a record player in his car.

Opened up my Yamaha today and cleaned up the dried grease and re-lubed it. It hasn't worked this good in many years. Almost every time you lifted the tonearm over an album the auto-return would kick in. Had to go thorough the process 3 or 4 times to play an a album. Finally replaced it with the free Technics a couple of years ago.
010.jpg

Nice! :)

IMG_5264.JPG

Just did some TT tinkering myself. Hooked the table back up to the A71/L26s. More power, and larger speakers. :)

@Delmarva

Sorry, Frank. I missed your question about Chrysler's activity in the UK. The company took over existing brand names in Europe. The Rootes Group in the UK and Simca in France being a couple of examples. The Chrysler name wasn't used much, but this Franco-Spanish vehicle is an exception. The Chrysler 180/2 litre:

View attachment 1237178

In the main, the company carried on using the existing names, Hillman, Sunbeam and Talbot in the UK:

View attachment 1237180

View attachment 1237182

View attachment 1237183

and Simca in France.

View attachment 1237184

The Matra name was also resurrected for this vehicle. Matra-Simca Bagheera. Not sure how this one managed to end up with right hand steering. The car was only offered with left hand steering, due to being a three seater with a dual passenger seat and an asymmetric cabin layout. There must have been some extensive work done to accomplish the conversion.

View attachment 1237188

By the way, as far as I'm aware. Highway Hifi never appeared in a European Chrysler, although it wasn't unknown by those who imported American models. I seem to remember one of the Beatles having a record player in his car.
The only name I recognized of that bunch was Sunbeam.

Back
Top Bottom