WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VINTAGE SPEAKER?

Sony SS-M7, I just gotta get a pair.

s-l300.jpg

Favorite vintage speakers: most anything from Infinity, KEF Reference Series.

Possible contenders I've yet to hear: Apogee's, Dahlquist DQ-20, Quad ESLs, Mirage M-1's, Soundlab A-1, Avalon's

Last edited:
I pretty much stopped looking after I got JBL L-300s. Though I have been really digging the L166s that I just went and rescued last week.

EPI 100's!

I bought my first pair of 35+ years ago and have had at least one pair hooked up ever since. Yes, I own better sounding speakers but for pure non-fatiguing enjoyment and bang for the buck, they are hard to beat!

EPI 100's!

I bought my first pair of 35+ years ago and have had at least one pair hooked up ever since. Yes, I own better sounding speakers but for pure non-fatiguing enjoyment and bang for the buck, they are hard to beat!

+1 Love my EPI 100's, bought them from original owner, they have the air spring inverted dome tweeters and to my ears these speakers sound amazing for the price i paid ($100)

Last edited:
Sounds like the kind of speaker that wouldn't make you think twice about ditching everything else, and not miss any of it.
With time, I've become a big proponent of the concept "know thyself." As hearing is as unique as a fingerprint, one has to master the art of "listening to your ears." I'm sure I have a bias built in from the fact that I put plenty of mental and physical energy into my Rock Monitors, but there's something about how the AMT puts forth the nuances of a given performance that is addictive and has yet to be equaled by any other speakers I've cycled through the living room, including the much vaunted Ohm Model F's.

ADDENDUM: I am unique in my choice as two other AK'rs were there for barbequed chicken and a A/B session, and they both preferred the Ohms.

Faceoff.jpg

Last edited:
With time, I've become a big proponent of the concept "know thyself." As hearing is as unique as a fingerprint, one has to master the art of "listening to your ears.
Well I can definitely say it sounds like the kind of speaker that wouldn't make ME think twice about ditching everything else, and not miss any of it.

OK, I've got to stop reading this thread. Y'all are makin' me very jealous.:bowdown:

Back
Top Bottom