Amy Winehouse

I listened through a bunch of AMY WINEHOUSE albums.
The one that really grabbed me is FRANK (2003).
I suppose it is a bit more JAZZY than some of her other outings.
I now have it on VINYL LP and have no regrets. Sounds great!
YMMV...

AMY WINEHOUSE Frank (2003).jpg

I love Amy and fell in love the first time i listened. I have not gotten any of her recordings, just listen from Spotify.
She is so earthy and realistic. Very much like Ertha Kitt from the fifties, only better.

Not that many months ago I didn't know who she was other than being a new music Diva. I got a CD copy of Back to Black and other than the first two tracks sounding very compressed and crappy (I thought the music was good), she sounded like she could have come from any decade in the 1900's. Very talented girl, That's why it seems such a shame to me for her to leave us so soon. What a drag that she didn't go to rehab. I know a very beautiful talanted girl that is going down that same road and it's killing me to watch the eventual carnage that will happen. Come on Sammy, get your shit together Baby Sister. :(

Yeah, I was really sad to hear of her early demise as well, guys. I've always liked Amy Winehouse and any of her music that I've heard. I thot a lot of it was kinda Jazzy. But I'll specifically look for the album 'Frank' now. Thanks for the recommendation Sondek.
Delores O'riodan's death set me back a bit as well. They were uniquely different.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom