Pics of your listening space

I'm not. They're sitting in the closet collecting dust.

Surprisingly, these OB's don't need much help as is. And they're only going to get better once I finish them with a total of eight of those 12" woofers. I have everything I need driver wise. I just need to get the wood and build the darn things.

Cool, I look forward to seeing what it looks like all done.

Temporarily using this little Dayton Audio DTA-100a digital amp, rated at only 30 watts per channel. Running it through the dbx and powering the two 12" bass drivers, it's amazingly good sounding! Tight, punchy and quick with plenty of deep oomph. If this little inexpensive digital amp sounds this good, I can't wait to hear what another NuPrime STA 9 is going to sound like powering these bass drivers.

p2973842885-5.jpg

p2973828877-5.jpg

Imral, I know it sound crazy but that was the most recent pic before I got the DAC. Then got the DAC soon after. :D
If you hadn't posted the second pic (of the actual unit) I wouldn't have believed you! LOL!!! Just teasing - all in good fun!!:rflmao:

how's that little 12ax7 preamp treating you?

I really like it, the build quality is fantastic and the components chosen are of high standard. It's such a simple circuit but it's quiet and precise, I use it on all my various valve amplifiers, mated to my leak stereo 20 it sounds beautiful. I like to tube roll it with vintage mullards, sovteks and messa valves. I would highly recommend it, it sounds lovely.

Finally got the new STA 9 amps in their proper locations, proudly perched on those 1.5" thick white quartz bases, vertically bi-amping the open baffles. Sound stage width galore, stage depth galore, detail galore, DYNAMICS galore, bass slam galore, vocals galore!

Decided to go with some high output concerts to really work things in. These amps and these speakers just loaf along at near constant 100 dB levels at the listening seat. Are my ears ringing a little?... Yes, but I almost never play at these levels, and none of it was fatiguing.

If you look closely, I had to place some microfiber cloths under the speakers as they kept moving about on the floor. LOL

p2987954760-5.jpg

p2987954871-5.jpg

p2987954877-5.jpg

p2987954954-5.jpg

p2987954977-5.jpg

p2987970346-5.jpg

p2987968163-5.jpg

Finally got the new STA 9 amps in their proper locations, proudly perched on those 1.5" thick white quartz bases, vertically bi-amping the open baffles. Sound stage width galore, stage depth galore, detail galore, DYNAMICS galore, bass slam galore, vocals galore!

Decided to go with some high output concerts to really work things in. These amps and these speakers just loaf along at near constant 100 dB levels at the listening seat. Are my ears ringing a little?... Yes, but I almost never play at these levels, and none of it was fatiguing.

If you look closely, I had to place some microfiber cloths under the speakers as they kept moving about on the floor. LOL

p2987970346-5.jpg

p2987968163-5.jpg
Depeche Mode...'nuf said.

Here are a few recent photos. The TT and integrated amp are on the wall opposite the mixing/mastering desk. The TV is opposite the wall with the sofa. My ancient iPhone is incapable of doing justice to the color of the acoustic treatment. It's a really cool shade of red--you'll have to take my word for it:)

studio1.jpg studio3.jpg studio2.jpg studio4.jpg studio5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom