What PUNK Rock Album Are You Hearing Now !!!

Hey, don't apologize for talking about music on a music forum. Your story is a good one! I didn't even know the Pixies existed until 1990 or so. I had just flunked out of college and been dumped by my girlfriend so I decided to move to SLC Utah with an old friend of mine. He had a room mate who was obsessed with music. This guy worked at a record store and turned me onto to Pixies, Camper Van Beethoven, mc5, Television, and about a million other bands I had been missing out on. I tagged along with him to the infamous Raunch Records record store under the overpass, and went to the even more infamous Speedway Cafe for live punk shows. We spent a lot of time smoking grass, playing chess, and listening to music. Looking back on it, that was a good year, and that dude changed my life musically. We're still in touch. It wasn't until a couple years later that I really delved into the Pixies, and fell in love with them.
Oh, man! That’s a great story too. It’s crazy how 1 or 2 years of your life can shape the rest of it. I try to keep an open musical mind, but it seems like the music you listen to between the ages of like 13 - 22 or so, is the music you listen to and that means the most to you well into your adult life. Kinda makes sense though.
Btw, see the pic below to see how much I love the Pixies. Haha

Attachments

• 9951EF7A-0242-466A-A76F-647578B3CE7E.jpeg
    9951EF7A-0242-466A-A76F-647578B3CE7E.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 8
Hey, don't apologize for talking about music on a music forum. Your story is a good one! I didn't even know the Pixies existed until 1990 or so. I had just flunked out of college and been dumped by my girlfriend so I decided to move to SLC Utah with an old friend of mine. He had a room mate who was obsessed with music. This guy worked at a record store and turned me onto to Pixies, Camper Van Beethoven, mc5, Television, and about a million other bands I had been missing out on. I tagged along with him to the infamous Raunch Records record store under the overpass, and went to the even more infamous Speedway Cafe for live punk shows. We spent a lot of time smoking grass, playing chess, and listening to music. Looking back on it, that was a good year, and that dude changed my life musically. We're still in touch. It wasn't until a couple years later that I really delved into the Pixies, and fell in love with them.
I meant the music part, not the college or girlfriend part. That part sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I’m a college dropout too, and I’m doing just fine.

Oh, man! That’s a great story too. It’s crazy how 1 or 2 years of your life can shape the rest of it. I try to keep an open musical mind, but it seems like the music you listen to between the ages of like 13 - 22 or so, is the music you listen to and that means the most to you well into your adult life. Kinda makes sense though.
Btw, see the pic below to see how much I love the Pixies. Haha

!!! Nice !!! :rockon:

I meant the music part, not the college or girlfriend part. That part sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I’m a college dropout too, and I’m doing just fine.
Ha Ha! I went back to college and got good grades. I'm doing just fine also.

EDIT: Never finished college though.

Last edited:
Not listened to yet, but I just picked up up three Joe Jackson albums the other day. Not the punkest of punk, but I like his music. Also a coupla Motels also picked up recently.

maxresdefault.jpg

Youth Brigade - Sound & Fury (1983)

Back
Top Bottom