Your three most desirable vintage speakers?

Only three damm ,This is a tough one and I have owned many greats including the apogee grand,IRS beta,proac response 4,goldmund prologue etc,
Now I am an altec horn guy,as my taste has changed so I would love these
Yamamura
Jadis
German physics
IMG_0958.JPGIMG_0959.JPG IMG_0960.JPG

Simple----- AR LST, Altec Voice of the Theater, KLH 9. The LSTs were first heard when my asst. mgr at Lafayette bought them after rxing a large inheritance-outstanding. The Altecs first heard at a movie theater in Newport Ca. then at an apartment in NYC. The KLH at the old Stereo Shop on Asylum St. in Hartford Ct. I want all of them LOL!!!!

Depends where the cut-off for "vintage" is. I've never heard KLH 9s or Quad 57s so those are obviously picks and definitely vintage enough. Probably the Dayton-Wright XG-8.

A/D/S/ L-810, Klipsch Heresy, Bozak C-302A Century.

I used to have JBL C-60 Sovereign's, a pair with S7R drivers and another with S8R drivers.

Snell C-v's in use currently. Not quite vintage, yet?

My previous post was the top three for Saturday,since it's Sunday here is my second three
Goldmund
Beveridge
Vitavox

Attachments

• IMG_0961.PNG
    IMG_0961.PNG
    329.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 56
Allison One- because I have the Twos and have always wanted to hear the Ones.
Sonab OA116-because I have the OA12s and have always wanted to hear the 116s.
Pioneer Exclusive 2401-is there really an explanation needed for this one? I'd own them just to look at them!
I'll throw in Ds2000s Onkyo Scepter 5001s, and M510 because they are just so damn cool as a wild card pick.

Narrowing down to something that I think would actually work for me in my room and set-up, cross referenced with the sound I lean towards, I am thinking some Tannoys, Rogers LS3/5a or Splendors.

Back
Top Bottom