SSL certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

john262

When is this site getting an SSL certificate? My browser is warning me that this site is not secure. Heck, if you're cheap you can get a free certificate at any number of websites. It's a no brainer.

This site is no more UNSECURE than its ever been..... They are just trying to scare you down thier control path!!

This is the internet..... Nothing is diferent than it ever was........ Please dont let them scare you!

Nothing on this site needs forced SSL..

Doing what cellar.org does is really all thats needed on a site like this.... (They have an SSL cert but they dont block HTTP sessions either)

HTTPS would be nice so password is encrypted posting to server on login. Also sending private messages with email and mail addresses are passed in clear text to server.

Not sure if this site uses CDN for static content or is behind load balancer, if so that is another obstacle.

HTTPS is the standard even with its weak encryption. Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome and everyone else require this at a minimum. AK has to be one of the few sites with medium to high volume that refuses to update and get into the 21st century. Error warnings on entering your password because of no encryption/ HTTPS is unacceptable.

This site is no more UNSECURE than its ever been..... They are just trying to scare you down thier control path!!
Completely wrong. This site is more unsecured than ever before.

This is the internet..... Nothing is diferent than it ever was........ Please dont let them scare you!
The internet and everything is different than ever before. What decade are you living in?

Nothing on this site needs forced SSL
This site needs SSL, just like everyone else. Send Amazon, Microsoft, and all the major high volume websites
your post. Tell them they don't need SSL. Post their response publicly, hero.

Doing what cellar.org does is really all thats needed on a site like this.... (They have an SSL cert but they dont block HTTP sessions either)
Soon, if not 90% of the time right now, all major browsers, and the minor few too, will not allow any web traffic without HTTPS/SSL. Even that is 20 years behind what is needed.

This site needs SSL, just like everyone else. .
No kidding. If someone were to hack my account, they might post music I don't like, or denigrate equipment I like, or OH NO, like a post I wouldn't!
giphy.gif

Totally unreal how people are letting them scare them like this.... Doesnt anyone have thier own minds anymore or is everyone being controlled??

Seems like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom